B&H photo and video - International buyers be aware - don't believe the website on expected availability for Elite dual wraithveil 150 or 180

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 19, 2020
If you are buying an Elite screen from B&H ( Elite 150 or 180 WraithVeil ) and you live outside of the USA, be aware!! B&H are stating an expected availability on the Elite projector screen ( 150 and 180 dual WraithVeil ) of 4 to 6 weeks, but haven't even been given a delivery date from the manufacturer! I placed my order 3 months ago and eventually cancelled, as they couldn't give me any indication on when I would receive my order. I lost nearly $130.00 as an international buyer, because they take the money immediately from your bank, which then incurs bank fees. The piece that really annoys me is the fact they are making false statements on their website - you can't have an expected availability date of 4 to 6 weeks when you don't even have a date from the manufacturer? They have lost a $2000 sale and will not be dealing with this company ever again - well done to the sales department!

bandhphoto

Distinguished
Official Forum Representative
Jul 20, 2012
Thank you for your order and this feedback. We regret your dissatisfaction. The two items you mentioned are both on our site with the notice (emphasis added), "Special Order Expected availability: 4-6 weeks.
This item ships direct from the distributor. Delivery estimates are approximations. You will be charged as soon as the distributor receives the order (usually within 24 hours). Orders billed to PayPal, other digital wallets (e.g., Apple Pay or Google Pay) or non-USA addresses will be charged immediately upon checkout." I am sorry this was not more apparent and regret your dissatisfaction.

Nov 19, 2020
Thank you for your order and this feedback. We regret your dissatisfaction. The two items you mentioned are both on our site with the notice (emphasis added), "Special Order Expected availability: 4-6 weeks.
This item ships direct from the distributor. Delivery estimates are approximations. You will be charged as soon as the distributor receives the order (usually within 24 hours). Orders billed to PayPal, other digital wallets (e.g., Apple Pay or Google Pay) or non-USA addresses will be charged immediately upon checkout." I am sorry this was not more apparent and regret your dissatisfaction.

I was perfectly aware of the 4-6 weeks, which has been on the B&H website since the beginning of September (3 months)! You tactfully try and avoid the reason for my dissatisfaction. I have an email from your staff stating that B&H cannot give an approximate delivery, because they can't get one from the distributor. Based on your own lack of information, you are making a false estimation claim and should not be putting this on your website! YOU CAN'T MAKE AN ESTIMATION BASED ON NO INFORMATION! Do what other companies do and don't take money until you know you can get the goods! This is what your website should say - Estimated delivery unknown or Not in stock.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.