[SOLVED] b1 b2 not working

bruh000

Prominent
Mar 6, 2020
sorry I know this should be in motherboard.
specs: r5 1500x (no bent pins,checked like 5 mins ago),16gb 8gbx2 Kingston hyperx 2400mhz ram(support and working currently),r9 fury
the build was built like few hours ago,I tried installing a1 and b1, a2 and b2,display says no signal.However, if I only install 1 ram in a1 and a2,bios was able to be shown. here are the full test result
only a1:working
only a2:working
only b1 and only b2:not working,no signal fan spinning
a1 and a2:working
b1.and b2:not working, no signal fan spinning
a1 and b1:not working, no signal
a2 and b2:not working,no signal

Last but not least,before I wrote this forum,I actually removed the cooler carefully and saw no pins of the cpu are bent. is it the mb fault or is actually the cpu.

bruh000

Prominent
Mar 6, 2020
ram goes a1and a2 for channel a so use 1 module in a 1 and try boot also your gpu does it use 2x8 pins connector .
yes its a 16pins connector. a1 and a2 works and bios show it is 16gb,but if I boot into system like using cpux will they count that as 8gb since its not paired

yes its a 16pins connector. a1 and a2 works and bios show it is 16gb,but if I boot into system like using cpux will they count that as 8gb since its not paired
It should still use all 16Gb, just not in dual channel mode which will result in degraded performance. A2 and B2, as @Wolfshadw advice, are correct to get dual channel mode and full performance.

What are your memory DIMM's? are they a matched pair as comes in a 2-stick kit? If not a matched pair it may not work in dual channel mode, or if it does not work properly.

Look in your motherboard manual, it shows you how to correctly install memory to get best performance.

bruh000

Prominent
Mar 6, 2020
It should still use all 16Gb, just not in dual channel mode which will result in degraded performance. A2 and B2, as @Wolfshadw advice, are correct to get dual channel mode and full performance.

What are your memory DIMM's? are they a matched pair as comes in a 2-stick kit? If not a matched pair it may not work in dual channel mode, or if it does not work properly.

Look in your motherboard manual, it shows you how to correctly install memory to get best performance.
ah yes they are come from pairs

TRENDING THREADS