[SOLVED] B150M Bazooka, do i get ram that is 3000mhz despite only compatible with 2133mhz?

Oct 25, 2020
I am looking at upgrading parts of my computer, i have a b150m bazooka motherboard that can only handle a max of 2133mhz ram speed, however i want to future proof for when i buy a new motherboard (probably the next big upgrade i get) i am currently running 2400mhz 2x4GB sticks, but i am looking to upgrade to 2x16GB but because of the limitations of this motherboard it will only run at 2133mhz. do i go for a 2x16GB 3000mhz for when i eventually upgrade the motherboard or should i stick with 2400mhz that is currently in the machine. also any advice on what CL ram i should get would be awesome too!

Solution
I am looking at upgrading parts of my computer, i have a b150m bazooka motherboard that can only handle a max of 2133mhz ram speed, however i want to future proof for when i buy a new motherboard (probably the next big upgrade i get) i am currently running 2400mhz 2x4GB sticks, but i am looking to upgrade to 2x16GB but because of the limitations of this motherboard it will only run at 2133mhz. do i go for a 2x16GB 3000mhz for when i eventually upgrade the motherboard or should i stick with 2400mhz that is currently in the machine. also any advice on what CL ram i should get would be awesome too!

There are several G.Skill kits 16GB (2x8) listed on the motherboard QVL rated at 3000MHz and tested at 2133MHz with CL15 that will...

There are several G.Skill kits 16GB (2x8) listed on the motherboard QVL rated at 3000MHz and tested at 2133MHz with CL15 that will work with your system.
There are 2 QVL listings depending on the version of your CPU be it Skylake or Kabylake.
Select your kit from the appropriate QVL and you should be OK.

Solution
Oct 25, 2020
There are several G.Skill kits 16GB (2x8) listed on the motherboard QVL rated at 3000MHz and tested at 2133MHz with CL15 that will work with your system.
There are 2 QVL listings depending on the version of your CPU be it Skylake or Kabylake.
Select your kit from the appropriate QVL and you should be OK.
The specific one i was looking at was the Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) 2400MHz CL14 DDR4
which actually is probably the only speed in my pricerange right now anyway, so that pretty much settles the choice.
cpu is an intel Core i5 - 6400 @2.7ghz
i might just order the ram because its the exact type that is in there, speed and all apart form the size which it supports. should still work!
Thank you for the help