B250 or H270 Motherboard?

G

B250 or H270 motherboard
I need a good future proofed motherboard for gaming and I might install a wifi card
I am just confused with these pci lanes I don't understand
So which one do you suggest?
MSI b250 and h270 motherboards are having good reviews though I have heard that msi isn't good
so what do you say?
Please Help
Thank You

Solution

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Which one you choose will have no effect on gaming performance, and you can install a wifi card on either. Just get whichever one has enough/the right ports/connectors for you. Honestly, even an H110 is enough for most people (although you would need to make sure it come loaded with an up to date BIOS if you're going to buy a Kaby Lake CPU).

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador

You can't SLI with H270, and even for crossfire you're limited to a 4 lane connection through the chipset for the 2nd GPU which is not optimal (and you can do this on pretty much any B250 mobo with 2 PCIe x16 slots anyway). I wouldn't take dual GPU into consideration when comparing B250 vs H270, as you should probably just be getting a Z270 at that point.

G

I am looking for a good motherboard where I can install A high end graphics card and a wifi card.
I don't need those extra m2 ports and all I am okay with one
So which one do you suggest? and I might get a i7 7700 cpu so.... with which should i pair..
The system build is for gaming and video editing rendering photoshop etc.

Thank you

G

I am okay with one m2 slot anyway I have decided to go for a h270 motherboard
Msi Gaming M3 H270 or Msi tomahawk arctic H270
What's the difference?

Thank You

either they are different colours (i'm assuming the artic version will be white) or one has more features then the other. all this can be found by looking up both models on MSI's website

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Solution

TRENDING THREADS