[SOLVED] B350 cpu led fail

Dec 8, 2018
Recently my computer stopped working after a normal shutdown. All the fans are spinning, but the cpu led on the EZ Debugger on the motherboard is on.

Solution
Oh i didn't ask are you getting a post bios beep? the last thing i can think of is it could be your bios out of date for the chip but if it was working before i cant see it been that one other last ditch thing you can try is to try is to take your HDD to a shop get it wiped re install windows on it then plug it back into your pc could be a display driver corruption. If that doesn't work then its an RMA for cpu and Mobo unless you cna some how get the cpu tested on a different board to rule out which one it is
Dec 8, 2018
The pc configuration is:
cpu: Ryzen 7 1700
motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk
gpu: Asus GTX 1080 ti
ram: G.SKILL 2 x 8gb Ripjaws V series DDR4
storage: WD Blue 250gb SSD
WL 3tb HDD
psu: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W 80+ Gold
case: Deepcool TESSERACT SW Red ATX Mid Tower

This pc was not overclocked and I tried powering it on with both sticks individually on every ram slot.

rigger922

Reputable
Dec 7, 2018
Ive just done some research on your ram and mobo. Your ram is not compatible with that board its not listed on G-skill website as compatible with your mobo
here is link
https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-2400c15d-16gvr
go under section QVL H370/B360/H310 Drop down

But some things you can try
Reset CMOS - remove battery for 5-10secs
Clear your BIOS and update it
Reseat your CPU
Make sure your 4/8-pin connector is seated correct
Make sure your ram modules are in right slot refer to your mb manual

if you've already tried ram and a different monitor/tv and cables+ different slots then your motherboard maybe fried or it could be a PSU problem the only way to know if thats the case would be to get the PSU tested for faults or if possible try a different motherboard

Dec 8, 2018
That is weird from the first I booted with this ram until now, the ram has worked almost perfectly. I will try to get the psu tested. I really hope that nothing is fried or messed up.

rigger922

Reputable
Dec 7, 2018
If the pc has been running fine then i wouldn't worry about it and hopefully not dude the only other things it maybe if not the PSU is cpu or mobo so just get the psu tested and see from there message me or something or repost after you've tryed everything ive listed then we can go from there.

Dec 8, 2018
I tried everything that you listed, including testing the psu. I currently do not have the money to purchase another cpu or a motherboard. It would really suck if I had to replace one or both of them.

rigger922

Reputable
Dec 7, 2018
Right okay last thing i could say other then test cpu in different mobo to rule out whether its cpu or mobo is to do a fresh windows install see if that solves the problem i would highly recommend you do a fresh install before anything else now since the only thing you could damage from shunting down windows is the drivers hopefully you don't have have a faulty cpu/mobo

rigger922

Reputable
Dec 7, 2018
Oh i didn't ask are you getting a post bios beep? the last thing i can think of is it could be your bios out of date for the chip but if it was working before i cant see it been that one other last ditch thing you can try is to try is to take your HDD to a shop get it wiped re install windows on it then plug it back into your pc could be a display driver corruption. If that doesn't work then its an RMA for cpu and Mobo unless you cna some how get the cpu tested on a different board to rule out which one it is

Solution
Other thing you can do, unplug the hard drive, and also unplug all the ram and see if you start getting the board beeping. If you get no beeps or post codes, the board may be dead. If the board starts beeping and complaining, then try to add back a single stick of ram and see what happens.