B350-f cpu switch from ryzen 1g to 2g

Sep 7, 2018
Updated the bios with flash and for some reason still not working, front lights won’t come on either just fans turn on. I have a g11df tower, which had a amd b350-f mobo and I was switching a ryzen 5 1400 to a ryzen 2600. I was alittle rough with the fan and protector, and that’s all I can think of is that I messed up the cpu

https://www.amazon.com/G11DF-DBR5-GTX1060-Desktop-Processor-DVD-RW-802-11ac/dp/B071WHGM9V?SubscriptionId=AKIAJGK2XVACJ6P7SI2Q&tag=pcmasterracebuilds-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B071WHGM9V

Solution
The fear is the new BIOS does not support the new Ryzen 5 2600. A Google search also didn't turn up any info on such an upgrade either. This could be a case of the manufacturer using a locked BIOS preventing such an upgrade (not unheard of for prebuilt PCs).

From what I could find that's an ASUS pre-built. Couldn't find notes about the BIOS. It's possible the BIOS update didn't work. Does the system respond when you reinstall the 1400?

The fear is the new BIOS does not support the new Ryzen 5 2600. A Google search also didn't turn up any info on such an upgrade either. This could be a case of the manufacturer using a locked BIOS preventing such an upgrade (not unheard of for prebuilt PCs).

From what I could find that's an ASUS pre-built. Couldn't find notes about the BIOS. It's possible the BIOS update didn't work. Does the system respond when you reinstall the 1400?

Solution