Question B350 Pro4 Bios update issue No Post cycling after successful update

freestylin599

Reputable
Apr 20, 2020
SO I have an Ab350 pro4 with Ryzen 3 1300x, Corsair LPX ddr4-3000 that has been together since 2018.

I was on BIOS 4.60 and wanted to update the bios so that i could upgrade to a newer CPU. I downloaded the BIOS 5.40 and updated the all in one driver like the website says to prior to bios update. I flashed the bios from a USB stick as directed on the AsRock website and was met with a successful update and to reboot the system. I clicked ok and the computer power cycled and kept power cycling, From this point on the computer has failed to post and just power cycles when turned on.

I have tried reseating the ram, running only 2 sticks and clearing the CMOS, but the computer will still power on and about 30 seconds will power cycle itself and continue in a loop.

Did I brick the Mobo with a successful bios update? I made sure to not go too far as they have dropped first gen support on the newest BIOS revisions, but everything seems like 5.40 safe for first gen Ryzen and the next step in updates anyway. i cant go farther in Bios without stopping at 5.40 first.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated as now I'm looking at more than just a new CPU and GPU.

I do have a friend as a last ditch effort is going to let me try a working Ryzen 2000 chip to rule out any weird compatibility issues with the 1300x, which is a longshot. Everything on the website says they haven't pulled support for first generation until BIOS 6.0