[SOLVED] B350m Bazooka bios update

Mar 20, 2020
Hello all, I was building my gaming pc with a ryzen 2700 and 3200mhz ram and it lit up both ez debug lights for ram and cpu. I have no idea what the bios is on the motherboard so my question is what is the base cpu and ram speed compatible for a b350m bazooka? I know that it will probably work with any 1st gen ryzen but would an older cheaper athlon chip work out of the box so i can update the bios?

Thanks in advance 😄

Solution
Hello all, I was building my gaming pc with a ryzen 2700 and 3200mhz ram and it lit up both ez debug lights for ram and cpu. I have no idea what the bios is on the motherboard so my question is what is the base cpu and ram speed compatible for a b350m bazooka? I know that it will probably work with any 1st gen ryzen but would an older cheaper athlon chip work out of the box so i can update the bios?

Thanks in advance 😄

You should just go to a computer store and update your BIOS there... should be easier than buying a first gen Ryzen chip.

If you want to buy a chip to update, the Athlon X4 940, 950,970 will be supported out of the box by your B350M Bazooka.

You're good on 3200 MHz memory... I wouldn't go higher for...

Thanks in advance 😄

You should just go to a computer store and update your BIOS there... should be easier than buying a first gen Ryzen chip.

If you want to buy a chip to update, the Athlon X4 940, 950,970 will be supported out of the box by your B350M Bazooka.

You're good on 3200 MHz memory... I wouldn't go higher for Zen+(ryzen 2000).

Last edited:
Solution
Mar 20, 2020

You're good on 3200 MHz memory... I wouldn't go higher for Zen+(ryzen 2000).
I did not think about that! Would you kniw the best bang for my buck to go to?

But you need ram for the motherboatd to boot correct? So do i need to buy different ram to make it able to boot?

Your memory should work fine(unless it's faulty from the start)... the only way to find that out is only after the BIOS update.

For now the BIOS update is your number 1 priority... after that if the system doesn't POST, further troubleshooting might be required.

Let us know about the situation after the update.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2020
Your memory should work fine(unless it's faulty from the start)... the only way to find that out is only after the BIOS update.

For now the BIOS update is your number 1 priority... after that if the system doesn't POST, further troubleshooting might be required.
Ah alright. I'm just a little nervous about why the debug led for dram would be on if it is compatible. Maybe getting a new cpu will fix both debug leds