Question B350M GAMING PRO (MS-7A39) and RX 6600 compatibility ?

PILLAGER

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010
Hello I have a B350M GAMING PRO (MS-7A39) mobo and have just purchased a rx 6600 eagle:

Do i need a new mobo or can this handle it? Also my psu is a 530w Be Quiet is this ok aswell?

Hello I have a B350M GAMING PRO (MS-7A39) mobo and have just purchased a rx 6600 eagle:

Do i need a new mobo or can this handle it? Also my psu is a 530w Be Quiet is this ok aswell?
Some things to be aware of:

First, the motherboard will provide only PCIe gen 3 bandwidth while the GPU itself is capable of PCIe gen 4. That's not really that big of a deal when the card and slot both have 16 full lanes.

And also, I'm not sure AMD's SAM (Smart Access Memory) will work with older Ryzen CPU's if you have one of those (1000 or 2000 series) as it was originally released for 3000 series and up. But at any rate to enable it you'll need the latest BIOS so update to that if you haven't. Once BIOS is updated find and enable "Above 4G Decoding" and "Resize BAR". The system will also have to be operating in UEFI mode. SAM can make a difference and it's noticeable in certain game titles.

Last edited:
Reactions: CountMike