[SOLVED] B360 Compatability with 9th Gen CPU

jakobee

Commendable
Apr 20, 2020
Hey, so about a year to a year and a half ago, I bought a B360 motherboard. Specifically a MSI Gaming Arctic B360. All this time it’s been sitting in my room and now I wanna continue my build. I was planning on getting a 9600K but i don’t know if my motherboard is BIOS updated for my CPU. Do i take the chance and buy a 9600K? and if I do buy it and the motherboard isn’t updated, then what do I do?
Or do I play it safe and get a 8600K.
Is the difference between the two CPUs noticeable?
Also do any of you know if there’s a place I could go to maybe BIOS Update my motherboard without buying an 8th gen cpu to update it.
Also I know that I cant overclock on this motherboard

Solution
Oh! Slide on over to Micro Center (5305 S Rice Ave, Houston, TX 77081)
They do BIOS updates.

On the 8600K vs 9600K. There won't be much of a performance difference between the two. The 9600K does have solder TIM, but that's about it.
They do BIOS updates.

On the 8600K vs 9600K. There won't be much of a performance difference between the two. The 9600K does have solder TIM, but that's about it.

Solution

jakobee

Commendable
Apr 20, 2020
They do BIOS updates.

Ah okay thank you. Do you know if micro center charges to do a bios update? Also what is a solder TIM. Thanks for replying!

Also can someone tell me if the CPU paired with a 5700XT would be okay for streaming/gaming?
If you're considering streaming, you might need a processors with more cores/threads. The 5700xt would give you good frame rates for gaming on your side, but your stream might suffer due to your processor if you're using CPU encoding. Maybe consider an RTX-2070 Super or an RTX card and you can use NVENC encoder through your GPU that is actually quite decent at video encode/decode (and also doesn't really reduce FPS by a lot).

TRENDING THREADS