Question B365M DS3H with memory in Dual Channel crashes PC when playing

Jul 17, 2020
I buyed recently a Gigabyte B365M DS3H and I get constantly blue screens with errors regarding memory (most of the time, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT) and several crashes while playing ("Application crash detected" in Fortnite) when using two identical 8Gb memories from Kingston (HyperX) in Dual Channel.

Initially, I thought the problem was related to memory, but when using each memory in Single Channel, one at a time, regardless of the slot, the games run without any problem, and I don't get any Windows blue screen. In addition, by running some tests like the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool, no problems with both memories were found.

My MOBO came with the F5 version of the factory BIOS, but having this problem, I noticed that on its support website, the F6c version says to improve the stability of Kingston memories. So, I upgraded the BIOS to this latest version, but nothing has changed.

I would like a help, suggestion of what may be happening and what can be done.

Product Name:B365M DS3H (1.0)
BIOS Ver:F6c
Model:ASRock RX580 Phantom Gaming 8Gb OC GDDR5
Model:Intel Core i5 9600K Coffee Lake
Operating System:Win 10 64-bit
SP:ver. 2004
Brand:Kingston HyperX
Size:8Gb/x2
Power Supply:600W
CPU Part No.:BX80684I59600K
Memory Part No.:HX426C16FB3/8

Oct 23, 2020
I buyed recently a Gigabyte B365M DS3H and I get constantly blue screens with errors regarding memory (most of the time, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT) and several crashes while playing ("Application crash detected" in Fortnite) when using two identical 8Gb memories from Kingston (HyperX) in Dual Channel.

Initially, I thought the problem was related to memory, but when using each memory in Single Channel, one at a time, regardless of the slot, the games run without any problem, and I don't get any Windows blue screen. In addition, by running some tests like the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool, no problems with both memories were found.

My MOBO came with the F5 version of the factory BIOS, but having this problem, I noticed that on its support website, the F6c version says to improve the stability of Kingston memories. So, I upgraded the BIOS to this latest version, but nothing has changed.

I would like a help, suggestion of what may be happening and what can be done.

Product Name:B365M DS3H (1.0)
BIOS Ver:F6c
Model:ASRock RX580 Phantom Gaming 8Gb OC GDDR5
Model:Intel Core i5 9600K Coffee Lake
Operating System:Win 10 64-bit
SP:ver. 2004
Brand:Kingston HyperX
Size:8Gb/x2
Power Supply:600W
CPU Part No.:BX80684I59600K
Memory Part No.:HX426C16FB3/8
What's up, could you solve it? In my case I have the same problem. My PC has the same components as yours but my Ram is only 8Gb in one slot. If you have the solution, please help me I'm desperate.

Jul 17, 2020
Reactions: MrD-Chan

TRENDING THREADS