B4 boot error. Any ideas?

mic1983

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2014
So i've built my machine, using an MSI X99 SLI PLUS motherboard, not sure if this is the root of the issue, but seeing as it gives a boot issue error message, I figured this would be the best place to start.

The machine works perfectly, everything has gone smoothly, had no crashes, no issues, touch wood barring this one problem. Over the past couple of weeks, the machine hangs upon boot, with a black screen and a small message B4 in the bottom right of the screen. The issue is resolved by rebooting, having removed all USB connectors from the back of the machine. I have since isolated it to one in particular that was causing it to hang, by removing them one by one, and booting up. This USB was my keyboard and mouse wireless dongle, so rather key to my usage. I just wanted to know if anyone has a reason for it rather than the somewhat unexplained fix of removing USBs prior to boot.

Is there anything I can do to avoid this without the workaround? Doesn't seem right to have to remove all the USBs?

As always, thanks in advance