Question B450 and 3800X

Nov 20, 2019
Wich is the best B450 motherboard for overclock the 3800x? Do you thing the AORUS B450 PRO WIFI is the best?
I need to know which has the best VRM basically.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019
MSI B450M gaming plus
But that motherboard has a 4+2 power phases, and the motherboard with more power phases I found is the AORUS B450 PRO which has 8+3 power phases.
Maybe is the quality, I don't but for example the Aorus has a hybrid 8+3 power phases, and another motherboards has something like 60A like the Taichi of AsRock, I really don't what is hybrid power phases and 60A.

Nov 20, 2019
Taichi is x470
I just want some explanation about the diferent specs of the power phases, the controller, mosfets, chokes , capacitors, etc. Because I don't know why people say the best B450 motherboard is for example the MSI Tomahawk Max when the Aorus B450 PRO WIFI has a 8+3 hybrid power phases and the MSI Tomahawk MAX has a VRM of of 4+2 power phases, so I think maybe the quality is better, I don't know.
Example of diferents specs I saw:
Hybrid power phases in Aorus.
60A Power Choke Dual-Stack MOSFET (DSM) in AsRock.

Simran Jeet

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2015
But that motherboard has a 4+2 power phases, and the motherboard with more power phases I found is the AORUS B450 PRO which has 8+3 power phases.
Maybe is the quality, I don't but for example the Aorus has a hybrid 8+3 power phases, and another motherboards has something like 60A like the Taichi of AsRock, I really don't what is hybrid power phases and 60A.
Msi has best b450 boards, aorus b450 also has 4+3 phase design but they are marketing it as 8+3 and the vrm is better on msi boards despite of their 4+2 phase config and if you are planning to run a 3800x and oc i will recommend you b450 tomahawk from msi or if possible get msi b450 gaming carbon pro ac it is a very well equipped motherboard and has bigger heatsinks too it also has a heatsink on m.2 ssd and awesome audio.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019
1024.png
2018070416314622_big.png

In the Carbon Pro AC are 8+2 phases and in the aorus are 8+3, maybe I don't understand your point because I don't understand what is Hybrid power phases or the wuality of the power phases.

That's Aorus B450 Pro is a fake. It's really a fairly weak 4 phase, but uses 8 inductors (2 in parallel for each phase) to fool uninformed buyers into thinking it's 8 phases. That was debunked by Buildzoid in a famous rant early in the B450 release.

The MSI B450m Pro is a very strong 4 phase, at least, but has a less well finned heatsink.

The strongest B450 is Tomahawk MAX (ATX) or Mortar MAX (mATX)(if you can find one). They have doubled FETS, both low and high side, on all phases with fairly high-current and low Rds-on.

Last edited:
Reactions: bmockeg
That's Aorus B450 Pro is a fake. It's really a fairly weak 4 phase, but uses 8 inductors (2 in parallel for each phase) to fool uninformed buyers into thinking it's 8 phases. That was debunked by Buildzoid in a famous rant early in the B450 release.

The MSI B450m Pro is a very strong 4 phase, at least, but has a less well finned heatsink.

The strongest B450 is Tomahawk MAX (ATX) or Mortar MAX (mATX)(if you can find one). They have doubled FETS, both low and high side, on all phases with fairly high-current and low Rd-on.
The MAX likely do have better VRM. MSI B450 boards are really good. The X570 are not.

TRENDING THREADS