[SOLVED] B450 Aorus Elite for Ryzen 5 3600

Apr 19, 2020
Hi,
Ive just ordered a B450 aorus elite to use with my ryzen 5 3600. Upon research ive found some negative reviews and opinions about the aorus elite and overclocking. Can someone clarify how exactly do u determine which motherboard has better vrms. And would i be able to achieve 4.2 or 4.3 ghz overclock on the ryzen 5 3600 using this motherboard. Ive reached my budget as to why im getting this motherboard. And it looks aesthetically pleasing as well.
Thanks

Tigerhawk30

Honorable
Dec 16, 2015
From all accounts and lots of YouTube/other website reviewers, the MSI B450 Tomahawk/Tomahawk MAX has some of, if not THE, best VRMs out there for the B450 chipset, which is why I'm using it for my own build. The regular Tomahawk doesn't support the 3000 series in the shipped BIOS, but it can be updated without installing the CPU via the Flashback button, so if you elect to get that board you can install it, put your USB drive with the latest BIOS in the marked drive and let it go until the light starts to flash...that's how you know on that particular board that it's completed. Then install the 3600 and you're good to go.

The Ryzen 3000 series doesn't have hardly any overhead room for overclocking in the first place, so you might just be good to go without having to worry about that.

Good luck!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS