Question B450 Aorus Elite V2 Bios F63d Instability with XMP

Oct 27, 2021
Hi guys, could someone help me?

Settings:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard: B450 Aorus elite V2 with F63d BIOS
Memories: 4x8GB, 32GB RAM Kingston Predator 3200Mhz (KHX3200C16D4/8GX)

My problem is this:

If I enable XMP so that the memories run at 3200Mhz, I get system instability and windows at boot show a message that it is corrupted, when disabling XMP the boot corrupted message no longer appears.

This is all caused after updating the Bios to F63d, it's like the TPM is somehow incompatible with my SSD(Sata).

PS¹: This only hapens when i have 32 GB Installed.
PS²: Is it possible to rollback Bios to F62? I had no problems until I upgraded to this new Bios which gigabyte recommends for Windows 11.
PS³: I've done all the tests with the memories, comb by comb and all passed OK, I also tested the memory in each slot and all passed OK.

Last edited:
In case you still havn't resolved this, Ryzen can be a bit funny with 4 dims and XMP. Zen 2 is better than Zen and Zen+ but it's still not perfect. Normally if you have problems with 4 dims I'd recommend lowering the speed and punching the timings in manually. So for example running all 4 dims at 2666Mhz instead and see if the problems go away. Sounds like it was working before though which surprises me, you could also try disabling TPM there should be a switch in the bios for it, though not sure how Windows 11 will behave once you do if that's what you are currently using.
As for flashing to an old bios, I've never tried myself. In theory you can but I've seen people have mixed success in doing so, though I do think that would partly depend on the board.

Reactions: JuniorSantana93
Oct 27, 2021
In case you still havn't resolved this, Ryzen can be a bit funny with 4 dims and XMP. Zen 2 is better than Zen and Zen+ but it's still not perfect. Normally if you have problems with 4 dims I'd recommend lowering the speed and punching the timings in manually. So for example running all 4 dims at 2666Mhz instead and see if the problems go away. Sounds like it was working before though which surprises me, you could also try disabling TPM there should be a switch in the bios for it, though not sure how Windows 11 will behave once you do if that's what you are currently using.
As for flashing to an old bios, I've never tried myself. In theory you can but I've seen people have mixed success in doing so, though I do think that would partly depend on the board.

I managed to solve it and the downgrade is very easy, but I was putting a lot of files on the pen drive and entering through Q-Flash inside the bios and that blocked the downgrade.

How to downgrade the BIOS:

1 - Check if the pendrive is formatted and in FAT32.
2 - Put only the bios.xxx (Ex: B450AEV2.F62)
3 - Restart the PC and enter the Q-Flash by the shortcut “END” and not inside the Bios.

Then just update and be happy.

PS: My problem was only the Bios F63D, after returning to F62 everything was normal.

Dec 27, 2021
I managed to solve it and the downgrade is very easy, but I was putting a lot of files on the pen drive and entering through Q-Flash inside the bios and that blocked the downgrade.

How to downgrade the BIOS:

1 - Check if the pendrive is formatted and in FAT32.
2 - Put only the bios.xxx (Ex: B450AEV2.F62)
3 - Restart the PC and enter the Q-Flash by the shortcut “END” and not inside the Bios.

Then just update and be happy.

PS: My problem was only the Bios F63D, after returning to F62 everything was normal.

I'm having this same issue, but I when I downgraded to F62, it still remained in the boot loop and I have exhausted all of my options at this point.

I'm having this same issue, but I when I downgraded to F62, it still remained in the boot loop and I have exhausted all of my options at this point.
be sure to reset cmos

If you can get into BIOS try setting the rated DIMM voltage manually even if using XMP. The rated voltage is on the package for your DIMM's...usually something like 1.35V.

@JuniorSantana93 : Moving to the latest BIOS for B450 boards usually means using an AGESA for Ryzen 5000 CPU's. That rarely benefits Ryzen 3000. Most likely all it does for Win 11 is to enable fTPM and Secure Boot by default. You can do that yourself and still run Win11...not that it's really worth the upgrade. In other words, I'm sure F62 is quite good enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: JuniorSantana93