[SOLVED] b450 aorus pro or b450 tomahalk max?

Jul 13, 2020
which is better of the two.. for OC or at least has a lower/cooler temp even on stock, b450 aorus pro or b450 tomahalk max?

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2020
ohh i thank you guys. additional question.. what makes the tomahawk better than the aorus pro? does this mean the aorus pro is not worth buying?

Math Geek

Champion
Ambassador
i have an b450 aorus pro wifi and love it. worked with my 3700x right out of the box and has no issues running 3600 speed ram either. not used a tomahawk and i know it is a good board as well. but i do know you won't have any issue running the 3000 series on it out of the box.

Darkbreeze

Retired Mod
Yes, with later BIOSes, the Aorus Pro WiFi will do fine with the 3950x as per the results of the article I linked. So will the Tomahawk and Tomahawk max, which, under normal circumstances (Which these are NOT normal circumstances, right now) are a lot cheaper than the Aorus Pro WiFi, so in truth whichever is less expensive AND actually available to you, is going to be the better option at that moment.

Math Geek

Champion
Ambassador
amen to that. finding something in stock that you actually want is the hard part. then praying it is not at an inflated price is the second thing to worry about.

i spent way more building my new pc than i expected to. in the end seeing what was in stock first and then picking was the only way i could get something built instead of waiting a month for stock to come back up. probably cost me $300 extra to build last month that i expected it to.

Darkbreeze

Retired Mod
probably cost me $300 extra to build last month that i expected it to.
And that's what I've been trying to tell anybody looking to build right now. Wait a little while, because I suspect that around the end of August, beginning of September, we are going to see a lot of hardware begin flushing out in inventories for retailers as the product that has been manufactured since China's manufacturing went back to work starts to more fully arrive on our California containerships, and for other countries too.

But if you can't wait, then expect to have slim pickings and be resigned that you might not get what you actually want AND also accept that you ARE going to pay significantly more for pretty much any power supply, motherboard, graphics card, CPU cooler, case fan or case, than you would have at any point between last October and January. If, IF, you can even GET it.

Jul 13, 2020
You'll want to read this WHOLE article, as it directly answers the questions you have.

it did answer my question hahaha thank you

i've been doing some research on my mobo, cpu and gpu... and been hearing or reading article that focus on the bad side of this mobo... but after reading this im satisfied.

also this article prove that i can do upgrade in cpu after 2 years time, thanks.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2020
i have an b450 aorus pro wifi and love it. worked with my 3700x right out of the box and has no issues running 3600 speed ram either. not used a tomahawk and i know it is a good board as well. but i do know you won't have any issue running the 3000 series on it out of the box.

thank you for answering my question again about this mobo.. same like you i got the b450 aorus pro but i got worried when i read articles and review that its a bad buy. i know nothing about pc building and that is why i've been researching any source that could tell me that the board is good to use. know you've answered twice i guess its all good.

when i bought the b450 aorus pro here in the philippines, i was lucky to buy it @ $131 and right now it shoot up to $170... even $180 today

Darkbreeze

Retired Mod
That board, with some of the early BIOS versions, was not very good. It had significant problems. Most of those problems though seem to have been ironed out through BIOS updates since then, so now it is more easily recommended than it was previously. I'd STILL recommend the Tomahawk/Max over that board, because there is better granularity in some of the BIOS settings, but overall it is a good quality board and you should be completely happy with it so long as it doesn't have any defects that turn up along the way.

Jul 13, 2020
That board, with some of the early BIOS versions, was not very good. It had significant problems. Most of those problems though seem to have been ironed out through BIOS updates since then, so now it is more easily recommended than it was previously. I'd STILL recommend the Tomahawk/Max over that board, because there is better granularity in some of the BIOS settings, but overall it is a good quality board and you should be completely happy with it so long as it doesn't have any defects that turn up along the way.
ohh i see thanks man :D

Math Geek

Champion
Ambassador
thank you for answering my question again about this mobo.. same like you i got the b450 aorus pro but i got worried when i read articles and review that its a bad buy. i know nothing about pc building and that is why i've been researching any source that could tell me that the board is good to use. know you've answered twice i guess its all good.

when i bought the b450 aorus pro here in the philippines, i was lucky to buy it @ $131 and right now it shoot up to $170... even $180 today
i got mine for $119 which i've not seen again for that price. seems i got lucky with finding it when i did.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS