Question B450 Auros Elite amd ryzen 5 2600

Jan 8, 2021
This is my motherboard and my processor.

I know that the processors clock speed is 3.4ghz I have gone and got myself 2 x 8gb ddr4 running at 3600mhz.
Just wondering if there was even a point overclocking it or just leaving it?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Just an FYI, if you want to get to DDR4-3600MHz, you're performing an overclock on the rams. IMHO, yes, it's worth it since it helps bring the best out of any Ryzen platform. You can also look into tightening the ram timings in BIOS if you feel confident doing so manually. Just make sure you're on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard prior to any overclocking and ensure that your case airflow is optimal to remove the heat dissipated.

Reactions: James_0231
Jan 8, 2021
My case is the CiT Alpha midi tower it currently has 3 fans and I have some spare so if need be I can always put extra fans in. I am new to computers so with the BIOS, please can you break down how to overclock in BIOS

javiindo

Prominent
Jun 12, 2019
My case is the CiT Alpha midi tower it currently has 3 fans and I have some spare so if need be I can always put extra fans in. I am new to computers so with the BIOS, please can you break down how to overclock in BIOS
Just be aware that your system could not be able to start and you must be able to "refresh" the bios. If you know to do that, there is always a risk, but you would be fine.
But as Lutfij said, you should start for applying the XMP profile written in your RAM. If you don't really need to overclock your CPU, I don't see the point.

ASK THE COMMUNITY