Hey there, my specs:
R5 3600
B450-E gaming
Gtx 1080 strix
2x8GB tridentz 3200
Be quiet straight power 11 650w gold+ PSU
860evo ssd
2x hard drives

I have upgraded my pc with new mobo and ram, but nothing works. When I turn on, everything lights up, HDDs are spinning, fans are full speed. Yellow led is on which stands for DRAM problem. I thought it's a bios problem, so I got a 2600 from friend, but heck no, it doesn't work, only graphic card stops spinning after shot time due to half-passive cooling. I have also used old Ram sticks (hyperx predator 2x8GB 3200) but it doesn't help at all. I tried removing cmos, but it doesn't work. Please, help me

Solution
Dram lit led would happen if bios isn't updated to take new gen Ryzen's since memory controller is on the cpu.

Why the problem persists with a cpu that should be compatible out of the box is weird. Double check all power cables are connected to the motherboard, 24pin, cpu 8pin and psu side if cables are modular.

Check for bent cpu pins and might want to consider taking it to a PC store and test another cpu. Replacing the motherboard may be what needs doing.

The Bios most likely will need an update.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Dram lit led would happen if bios isn't updated to take new gen Ryzen's since memory controller is on the cpu.

Why the problem persists with a cpu that should be compatible out of the box is weird. Double check all power cables are connected to the motherboard, 24pin, cpu 8pin and psu side if cables are modular.

Check for bent cpu pins and might want to consider taking it to a PC store and test another cpu. Replacing the motherboard may be what needs doing.

The Bios most likely will need an update.

Solution