Question B450 for new ryzen

Jun 20, 2019
Does it make sense to use a b450 msi gaming pro Carbon mobo for the new ryzen 3000?
The purpose it's gaming, with some minor office usage

Many B450's are supposed to support it, but, it might prove problematic to flash the BIOS to the latest version that supports it without an older Ryzen CPU on hand...(one ends up in a semi-catch 22, where the system will not post with the very newest CPU, leaving you unable to flash the BIOS to a version that supports it) SImilar scenarios exist to this day with some B350 boards and Ryzen 2000 series CPUs, depending on which version of BIOS ships with the B350 boards in question...

Reactions: DMAN999

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I already bought the corsair psu rm650, but I think it won't connect to a x570 when ist already not possible with a x470...

Why wouldn't it?
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2Lb4r6

There might be a problem with more EPS plugs required for some newer Ryzen cpus but possibly can get away with 1x8 for 3700x. We'll have to wait and see. I wouldn't jump the gun yet, if it goes pear shape you'll be glad you waited.

Last edited:

JaSoN_cRuZe

Honorable
Mar 5, 2017
The MSI B450 PRO Carbon AC is one of the best B450 boards which has better VRM's compared to most entry and mid range x470 boards but i don't know how well it will perform or overclock the Ryzen 3000 series processors, early leaks of Ryzen 3600 on an x470 board causes freezing when multiplier is slightly modified.

I hope it works well on stock configurations but expect minimal overclocking support.