[SOLVED] b450 gaming plus ac.. bricked! no flashback button!

Sep 16, 2021
My itx motherboard cannot boot and has flashback button, no. I take 8gb, 16gb USB stick. I've tried "cleaning" on disk part and "formatting" use bootice. But nothing works. I tried the names of MSI.ROM, but nothing happens. I did this once a year and half ago, but cannot find how to do it.. again. What is the name of the bios that only B450 gaming plus ac boards recognize? I remember it was something strange like c798345hd.ck7. (no, this is not it! This just hypothetical example!). It's a special name that only MSI b450 boards recognize. But what I remember was this motherboard turned on by itself after plugging it in. I remember my whole PC was built when it began flashing when usb plugged in. Red lights came out of my motherboard which I didn't even know was there. Why no instructions now?

Also, the manual doesn't say: what is my usb flashback port, again? It was it top two or bottom two usb? The manual changed so many times on website.

Solution
Now, I have E7A40AMS.AF4 and MSi.ROM. What is password file?
did you download the bios from the official motherboard page? it shouldn't have any password to it.
Once you extracted, go copy the E7A40AMS.AF4 one, 2 times, and rename the 2nd E7A40AMS.AF4 into MSi.ROM.

But it seems you dont have any bios flashback, so use ch341a programmer device for flashing the bios. also the 3pin could be for the fans.
My itx motherboard cannot boot and has flashback button, no. I take 8gb, 16gb USB stick. I've tried "cleaning" on disk part and "formatting" use bootice. But nothing works. I tried the names of MSI.ROM, but nothing happens. I did this once a year and half ago, but cannot find how to do it.. again. What is the name of the bios that only B450 gaming plus ac boards recognize? I remember it was something strange like c798345hd.ck7. (no, this is not it! This just hypothetical example!). It's a special name that only MSI b450 boards recognize. But what I remember was this motherboard turned on by itself after plugging it in. I remember my whole PC was built when it began flashing when usb plugged in. Red lights came out of my motherboard which I didn't even know was there. Why no instructions now?

Also, the manual doesn't say: what is my usb flashback port, again? It was it top two or bottom two usb? The manual changed so many times on website.
you should format the drive to fat32, then make 2 copy of the bios file name, 1 named as E7A40AMS.AF4 (this is the latest bios) and 1 named as MSi.ROM, then try to bios flashback it.

Sep 16, 2021
you should format the drive to fat32, then make 2 copy of the bios file name, 1 named as E7A40AMS.AF4 (this is the latest bios) and 1 named as MSi.ROM, then try to bios flashback it.

I am still missing third file. Now, I have E7A40AMS.AF4 and MSi.ROM. What is password file?

Here's a picture of the back of my computer

Virus Total

I have the CMOS switch, which is generally useless, and a 3-pin of where the flash bios button would have been. I tried using a screwdriver to touch the 3-pin with the USB attached, but the PC didn't like that too much. In fact, it didn't do anything at all.

There are also 6 USB ports, I may have put the usb stick into the wrong port. I'll have to try a different one, or all 6 later. (..again?). Hopefully, third time's a charm.

Now, I have E7A40AMS.AF4 and MSi.ROM. What is password file?
did you download the bios from the official motherboard page? it shouldn't have any password to it.
Once you extracted, go copy the E7A40AMS.AF4 one, 2 times, and rename the 2nd E7A40AMS.AF4 into MSi.ROM.

But it seems you dont have any bios flashback, so use ch341a programmer device for flashing the bios. also the 3pin could be for the fans.

Solution
Sep 16, 2021

Well, whether or not the bios files are correct are still a mystery. I'll have to give the ch341a programmer a try. I just have to find the soldering kit. But before I do that i'll try Bootice, DD command prompt, or Diskpart. There are a bajillion things to do there, so i'll have to make another post. Until next time, peeper's wolf.

Sep 16, 2021
Welcome to another exciting episode of a (back) flashing a bricked B450 Gaming Plus "AC" motherboard. Sorry, that I took so long. I had to travel across the seven seas, walk across the tundra in Antlantica, mine some coal in Chile, sail across the Pacific on a surfboard, among other things. So, I hear I have to get a USB working. First, I use diskpart (View: https://www.reddit.com/r/MSI_Gaming/comments/cdyr9l/for_all_the_people_with_bios_flashback_issues/
). Second, I use Bootice. But here's the problem, what should my start LBA or Reserved rec be? See here under Bootice: (https://www.pendrivelinux.com/restoring-your-usb-key-partition/). Also, should I format in Fat16? Everyone keeps saying Fat32, but it can't be NTFS? (Who said? Who said that I can't use NTFS?). Then, third, there's DD command prompt, but only this can be done on a rocketship to the moon and back. Why so long? Why so serious? Can someone make a co-vid on youtube.com for all this?