Question B450 Gaming Plus won’t boot anymore

Jun 7, 2020
Hey,
after a few days of running fine, my computer suddenly stopped working. After I tried to reboot into Bios, the computer just wouldn't even boot anymore. I've tried like everything what guides say would maybe work (restick ram, reset cmos and so on and so on.) Only thing I didn't do yet was replacing the cpu.

Meanwhile I've got the whole thing built out of the case, and tried running it on the box (maybe I'd get lucky again with it).

The weird thing about it is, that the debug cycle just stops after the CPU Check. The CPU LED just blinks for a second as it would work, and then turns off. But sadly no other debug LED will blink, they'll stay completely dead.

After these few days, I also had some issues with booting. It was from time to time very slow, so that the signal came pretty late on the monitor or even on the usb devices.

So do you think the Mobo is already dead? Or can I try anything else. It's still in the return window, but I kinda wanna fix this, if it's possible. Maybe you got some advices or experiences!

Feel free to ask anything, if you didn't understand sth. correctly

My build:
MOBO: MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: RX 5700 XT Sapphire Pulse 8gb
PSU: 600 Watt BeQuiet Pure Power 11
RAM: 16GB 3200 Mhz Ballistix RAM
SSD: Some 1tb Crucial m.2
Case: BeQuiet Pure Base 600

Lutfij

Titan
Can you try and work with a donor system's PSU? Something with 650W of power at the very least for the entire system? I'd remove every componnet on the system except for the GPU, CPU, motherboard, a single stick of ram and the PSU ofc, to see if you can get into BIOS.

Prior to that, remove the CMOS battery for at least 15 mins before replacing it. Which slots are you using to populate the ram stick?

Jun 7, 2020
Hey, thanks for your reply at first! I’ve already tried using a 700 Watt donor PSU sadly. Also I tried to only use the most necessary components, to somehow get a post (as you mentioned CPU, GPU, and only one stick of ram). Unfortunately I already had the CMOS battery out for an entire night. If I’m using single slot RAM, I use the second and If I’m using dual the 2nd and 4th slot.
It’s just so weird, because the computer worked for like a week.
I think I’ll just try all these steps again, and then I got to RMA my board.
But thanks again for ur reply!! I really do appreciate it.