[SOLVED] B450 lights up but wont turn on

May 30, 2020
I have recently upgraded my pc with a new ryzen cpu and motherboard. I have been using the pc for about 4 months now and have had no problems. Last night I turned the pc off like normal and when I woke up this morning nothing would turn on the fans wont spin but the io board and motherboard lights up i have tried reseting the cmos and also bypassing the io board but to no luck. Does anyone know a fix?

Solution
LED lights coming on, no matter what component it is, graphics card, motherboard, etc., generally never means much of anything EXCEPT if there are none on. Then it means the problem, whatever it is, is worse than if the lights were on, but even with them on it means very little because the circuits that power those LED lights are usually separate from the rest of the functional system. The exception would be for any CPU, Memory or GPU error LEDs.

I don't see any mention of what motherboard you have, but given the fact that the graphics card is about 7 years old, since that is when the GTX 770's were released (Not even remotely possible that it's only 1.5 years old. Minimum it could realistically be is six year and most probably it is...
FULL hardware specifications including all model numbers AND approximate age of any hardware that you didn't replace 4 months ago?

Did you do ANYTHING recently including work inside the case or replacement of any software?

Have you tried directly shorting the pwr pins on the motherboard with the front panel connections completely unplugged to see if it will power on?

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/2011-jumping-a-motherboard-without-power-switch-button

Have you tested the PSU to see if it comes on at all?

Or tested the PSU with a volt meter?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac7YMUcMjbw

May 30, 2020
Psu G750H
GPU gtx 770 : A140408017 Y
Cpu amd 3700
3 sticks of aegis ddr4 :F4-2133C15S-8GIS

Gpu was the only thing not updated 4 months ago its age is unknown as I bought it from a local seller over a year and half old from what ik

I have tried to short the power pins but to no avail
And no recent work to pc has been done

Just randomly overnight stopped working

Waiting for a voltmeter from a friend for a quick test

BTW io board light turns on

LED lights coming on, no matter what component it is, graphics card, motherboard, etc., generally never means much of anything EXCEPT if there are none on. Then it means the problem, whatever it is, is worse than if the lights were on, but even with them on it means very little because the circuits that power those LED lights are usually separate from the rest of the functional system. The exception would be for any CPU, Memory or GPU error LEDs.

I don't see any mention of what motherboard you have, but given the fact that the graphics card is about 7 years old, since that is when the GTX 770's were released (Not even remotely possible that it's only 1.5 years old. Minimum it could realistically be is six year and most probably it is seven years old) then that is the MOST probable suspect/culprit. Obviously this is something that could be a motherboard or power supply issue but I'm betting it's the graphics card.

Pull the graphics card out and see if you get anything at all, fans, other lights, beeps (If you have a system speaker installed) or try a different graphics card if anybody you know has one that you can borrow for the purpose of testing. Obviously, this is the simplest of tests you will encounter since all it entails is swapping out the card for another one. I'd bet favorably that it's the graphics card but I wouldn't bet the house on it.

Solution