[SOLVED] B450 MB with Ryzen 3600

BPR96

Reputable
Apr 3, 2020
Looking at building my first PC, I’ve chosen the Ryzen 3600 CPU along with an MSI Tomohawk B450

however, I have heard that it may be problematic, that I will have to do a BIOS update etc to get it working, can anyone give me some more information on this before I buy the parts please.

open to other MB’s if they are better to use, thanks :)

Last edited:
Solution
Looking at building my first PC, I’ve chosen the Ryzen 3600 CPU along with an MSI Tomohawk B450.

however, I have heard that it may be problematic, that I will have to do a BIOS update etc to get it working, can anyone give me some more information on this before I buy the parts please.

I have B450 Tomahawk with Ryzen 5 3600 from the first week that Ryzen 3000 released and had no problem at all. If you buy the B450 Tomahawk MAX then you dont need a bios update for the CPU to work. Its out of the box compatible. For older chipset so far only the MSI B450,X470 ending with "MAX" are 100% guranteed that will ship with a compatible bios for Ryzen 3000. B450 Tomahawk is a really...
Looking at building my first PC, I’ve chosen the Ryzen 3600 CPU along with an MSI Tomohawk B450.

I have B450 Tomahawk with Ryzen 5 3600 from the first week that Ryzen 3000 released and had no problem at all. If you buy the B450 Tomahawk MAX then you dont need a bios update for the CPU to work. Its out of the box compatible. For older chipset so far only the MSI B450,X470 ending with "MAX" are 100% guranteed that will ship with a compatible bios for Ryzen 3000. B450 Tomahawk is a really good motherboard for the price if you are looking mb around 100$ price range i would not reccomend anything else.

Solution

BPR96

Reputable
Apr 3, 2020
I have B450 Tomahawk with Ryzen 5 3600 from the first week that Ryzen 3000 released and had no problem at all. If you buy the B450 Tomahawk MAX then you dont need a bios update for the CPU to work. Its out of the box compatible. For older chipset so far only the MSI B450,X470 ending with "MAX" are 100% guranteed that will ship with a compatible bios for Ryzen 3000. B450 Tomahawk is a really good motherboard for the price if you are looking mb around 100$ price range i would not reccomend anything else.

oh that’s brilliant, I think I’m going to stick with the tomahawk MB but I’ll make sure I get the Max version, thanks a lot for your help!:)