[SOLVED] B450 Tomahawk and Ryzen 3600 won't boot

Aug 10, 2019
I have recently finished building my pc.
Using the msi V19 bios software. First week it always booted and got ram to 3200. Only problem is I could never restart the pc. All fans and lights were running but no connection to display. If I shut it down and then booted it up no problem. Did all benchmarks and work amazingly.
Yesterday I booted it up and noticed terrible fps in games and saw that my GPU usage was maxing out between 40% and 50%. I figured maybe it was some updates thing. Eventually restarted the pc and it wouldn't boot up at all. I ended up taking out the motherboard battery and put it all back and it booted and worked perfectly for the rest of the day.
This morning the exact same problem, gpu wasn't working great, restarted and no boot. Took battery out, put back in and booted it up perfectly. I played for a while and then took a break and left pc running. Came back a couple of hours later and again graphics card was back at 40% usage.

Wondering if I should update bios to 7C02v1A however heard bad things.

Also read that it could be the RAM which I have now seen is not supported (even though I got it working perfectly and at correct speeds)

Looking for any other reasons or help please.

Ryzen 3600,
B450 tomahawk
G.Skill Trident RGB 16gb 3200 (f4-3200c16d-16gtzr)
650W 80+ gold psu
RTX 2070 Super

Solution
Do another clear CMOS (take out battery and short the CMOS pins for 10 or 15 min's, check your manual for where they are). Then go into BIOS first thing when you get it to boot and do a LOAD BIOS DEFAULTS to load optimized defaults into all BIOS settings, even those you don't see in the screens. Save settings and reboot (press the F10 key).

How did you 'get your ram at correct speeds'? Did you install the RAM in 2nd and 4rth slot, going away from the CPU?

When you get it to boot after the cmos reset and load of bios defaults don't try to change anything, just operate the computer for a while with RAM at default speeds to see if it works OK. The default speed is going to be either 2133 or 2400.
Do another clear CMOS (take out battery and short the CMOS pins for 10 or 15 min's, check your manual for where they are). Then go into BIOS first thing when you get it to boot and do a LOAD BIOS DEFAULTS to load optimized defaults into all BIOS settings, even those you don't see in the screens. Save settings and reboot (press the F10 key).

How did you 'get your ram at correct speeds'? Did you install the RAM in 2nd and 4rth slot, going away from the CPU?

When you get it to boot after the cmos reset and load of bios defaults don't try to change anything, just operate the computer for a while with RAM at default speeds to see if it works OK. The default speed is going to be either 2133 or 2400.

Last edited:
Solution