[SOLVED] B450 Tomahawk CPU light on, no post.

Nov 26, 2018
Hello,

Main problem is that my new pc build isn't outputting any visuals onto my monitor.

Build:
Ryzen 2400 with Vega 11 Graphics
B450 Tomahawk
WD Blue 250 GB SSD
Patriot Signature DDR 4 8GB 2x4 2666MHz
EVGA 500 W1 80+ White

I've gone through and rebuilt the pc multiple times, checked connections, checked ram. I'm just not sure what to try next.

When I power the PC on, the CPU fan starts going, and the LED's from the case turn on as well, it's integrated graphics so I've tried running an HDMI cable as well as a DVI-D from the MB to my monitor, nothing. By the 24 pin connector there are 4 little lights, labled BOOT, VGA, DRAM, and CPU, when I turn the computer on, the CPU one flashes a couple times, and stays red, not sure if this indicates that there is a problem, I've looked through the manual and online but couldn't find any info. If i try running without the RAM, the CPU light turns off and the DRAM light turns on.

When trying to turn on, all i have plugged into the computer is the monitor, keyboard, and mouse. Not sure if I need anything else to get it to show any sign of working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this has been super frustrating. Thank you!

Solution
Have you connected the 8 pin CPU power cable to the board? If yes, and still red CPU LED, then I would return both board and CPU to be replaced.
Dec 31, 2018
Hello trie this 3 things
1 you have updated your motherboard is bios? if not update please because many people has reported he have problems with 2nd gen ryzen but after the bios update anything has worked
2 check cables
3 connect external gpu and check again
after that post the results here

Latest posts