[SOLVED] B450 tomahawk max 2 build help please

Aug 3, 2021
Hi this is my first AMD BUILD and I’m just abit baffled by the bios..
Would a ryzen 2processor work out the box no updating bios? If so would It be worth it by next year..

or would a ryzen 3/5 be more worth it in the long run & how would I go about downloading new bios?

Solution
There is Ryzen 3/5/7/9
Are you asking for the generation?

Ryzen 2nd gen (Ryzen 2xxx) is good but...Ryzen 3xxx (3rd gen) is more refine in every way and it has significantly enough CPU improvement to be your best bet...
Ryzen 5xxx are still pretty expensive especially if you don't live in a country where they can deliver you something on MSRP...

The motherboard supports 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen Ryzen out the box... you don't need bios update...5th gen needs update thou...
If you want the best CPU for the price ... i'd go for Ryzen 5 3600.... (3rd gen)...

Basically Ryzen 3/5/7/9 is the tier CPU of particular generation and the model CPU ...lets say Ryzen 3600 ...the first number of the model is the generation..... so this one is 3rd...
There is Ryzen 3/5/7/9
Are you asking for the generation?

Ryzen 2nd gen (Ryzen 2xxx) is good but...Ryzen 3xxx (3rd gen) is more refine in every way and it has significantly enough CPU improvement to be your best bet...
Ryzen 5xxx are still pretty expensive especially if you don't live in a country where they can deliver you something on MSRP...

The motherboard supports 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen Ryzen out the box... you don't need bios update...5th gen needs update thou...
If you want the best CPU for the price ... i'd go for Ryzen 5 3600.... (3rd gen)...

Basically Ryzen 3/5/7/9 is the tier CPU of particular generation and the model CPU ...lets say Ryzen 3600 ...the first number of the model is the generation..... so this one is 3rd gen.... and 5600X is 5th gen... the X is the overclocked version (higher clock speed and some minor tweaks and improvements compared to the base model... also maybe better silicon).

Solution

TRENDING THREADS