[SOLVED] b450 tomahawk max DRAM light is on

bbrandon02

Prominent
Oct 24, 2020
hey all just built my first pc and i’m getting a black screen when i power it on and the dram light is on, does anybody know what could be wrong? i have a hdd and i’m not too sure if i have it in the right location if i should just get an ssd and the ram i’m using is a single stick corsair 16 gb 3400ddr from my old pc and my processor is a the ryzen 5 3600 thank you again feedback would be amazing i wish i could post a picture through this or i would

bbrandon02

Prominent
Oct 24, 2020
Before buying new memory, install the old memory into another PC and see if it works. The SSD does not affect the boot process at all.
the ram stays lit when i turn it on, do you think a bios update would get the screen to come on? i’m using my old GPU as well from my other pc and that’s what i have my hdmi plugged in to and i can go open up another pc in there and put the ram stick in, would i still get the black screen if it’s bad?

James Eckmeder

Prominent
Oct 23, 2020
the ram stays lit when i turn it on, do you think a bios update would get the screen to come on? i’m using my old GPU as well from my other pc and that’s what i have my hdmi plugged in to and i can go open up another pc in there and put the ram stick in, would i still get the black screen if it’s bad?
You can try, sometimes the BIOS may cause compatibility issues.

bbrandon02

Prominent
Oct 24, 2020
It can be between the memory and the BIOS. I would revert back to your old BIOS.
this is my first build i have no bios to revert back to however i can get a flash drive and update the bios because maybe since the ram and gpu are already updated from my previous setup it’s making it not be able to run with it i’m not sure but i’ll pick up two stick of ram tomorrow and a flash drive to download the updated bios to