[SOLVED] B450 Tomahawk Max II concern CASE MSI GUNGNIR 100

CrazyDrPepper

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 2, 2020
Hi, I have been building a pc now since middle of 2021 April to be exact.. So I have my motherboard in the case I have stuff plugged in and great I go to power on and no sound from the psu or no fans spinning the only thing that power was my case reset switch button it wasn't blinking or flashing just solid even pressing the power button did nothing It stayed the same.. So I am just confused on where I messed up at? I have no HDD I had a alt idea I was gonna boot from a USB drive.. Also hitting the reset switch did nothing didn't effect tbe case light.. ?? Oh and yes I made sure the psu switch was on..

make sure your front I/O panel connectors are properly attached to the motherboard.

you can also try shorting the motherboard's power on button connectors.
no sound from the psu
this is normal.
modern power supplies are designed to only initiate the fan when reaching high enough temperatures.
besides the fan running at high speeds there should be no audible sounds produced.

CrazyDrPepper

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 2, 2020
make sure your front I/O panel connectors are properly attached to the motherboard.

you can also try shorting the motherboard's power on button connectors.

this is normal.
modern power supplies are designed to only initiate the fan when reaching high enough temperatures.
besides the fan running at high speeds there should be no audible sounds produced.
I think that is the prob I put my mobo in the case and then realized those cables.. I don't wanna take the mobo out but there so small kinda hard to see my case is tall and wide it kinda has wait to it.. And is the shorting the screwdriver method?

usually if it is too difficult to reach in from the side and connect them
laying the system down on it's side and connecting from above can be easier.

check the motherboard manual for proper orientation, setup a good stationary light, and plug them right in.
is the shorting the screwdriver method?
shorting the motherboard connector entails using any conductive metal to bridge the gap between those pins.

CrazyDrPepper

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 2, 2020
usually if it is too difficult to reach in from the side and connect them
laying the system down on it's side and connecting from above can be easier.

check the motherboard manual for proper orientation, setup a good stationary light, and plug them right in.

shorting the motherboard connector entails using any conductive metal to bridge the gap between those pins.
Yeah I guess I have no choice because the stupid USB 3.0 header cable I unplugged now the little cables has it trapped ugh.. Also I didn't have them stretched so they could reach before I plugged they would come undone but that fixed that problem..

CrazyDrPepper

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 2, 2020
Hi I had another post about it my case is the Gungnir 100 and mobo B450 TOMAHAWK MAX II - I plugged a the cables in did that and the reset switch light was on the case but no power to psu just the reset switch on the case not sure where I messed up but I put the mobo in the case and now the little cables are hard to see If it is not that I am not sure this is my first build I have done..
I also didn't wanna take the board out I had 2 another time because I forgot the IO sheild..