[SOLVED] B450 Tomahawk MAX or B450 Gaming Pro Carbon

JaSoN_cRuZe

Honorable
Mar 5, 2017
Which B450 motherboard should i pickup for my new Ryzen 3700x.

Also does the BIOS Flashback work properly with Carbon motherboard. I heard lots of complaints regarding not posting or instability with older B450 boards.

Both of the motherboards have similar pricing with 10 dollars difference maximum in my region.

Solution
Honestly I am very old school so the Text based Lite BIOS wouldn't bother me.
But I would be worried that MSI wouldn't update the Pro Carbon AC BIOS as often.
I strongly recommend that you check the MSI support forums and see what other people that have the Pro Carbon AC and a Ryzen 3000 CPU are posting.
If it is working well there won't be many posts but if there are issues you can be sure people will be posting about them.

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
I do personally really like the features on Pro Carbon AC better but the lack of a Max version worries me.
I don't think MSI will put as much effort into keeping the BIOS updated like they will with better selling Tomahawk.
I bought an Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming motherboard for my Ryzen 5 2600 build last November but the Tomahawk and Pro Carbon AC were the other boards I was looking at.
I got my motherboard on sale for $90 so that sealed the deal for me.

Last edited:

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
Honestly I am very old school so the Text based Lite BIOS wouldn't bother me.
But I would be worried that MSI wouldn't update the Pro Carbon AC BIOS as often.
I strongly recommend that you check the MSI support forums and see what other people that have the Pro Carbon AC and a Ryzen 3000 CPU are posting.
If it is working well there won't be many posts but if there are issues you can be sure people will be posting about them.

Reactions: JaSoN_cRuZe
Solution