Question B450 Tomahawk with Ryzen 3600 Sometimes Doesn't Post

Sep 24, 2019
My computer sometimes wont post when I hit the power button. Everything powers on except the red LED will be stuck on the CPU tab. This usually only happens when I haven't used the compute for a few hours. If it doesn't post and I force reboot it, then it will post perfectly. There is nothing wrong with the ram and I have the newest bios installed also. I mean I can always just force reboot it to work but it's just something that's annoying and will always be in the back of my head. Is there any solution to this? I have seen a lot of people with the same problem but haven't found a solution for it yet. Thank you

Sep 25, 2019
I also have the same issue. Still looking for solutions.

My config:
Ryzen 3600
b450 tomahawk
Trident Z 3200mhz cl16
GTX 1060
Antec 650W Bronze Power Supply

Sep 24, 2019
Fongsaiyuk In addition to this forum, I recommend that you contact MSI support. They've finally begun shipping MSI Max boards in the US. Perhaps you can convince them to upgrade you to the Max variant of your board. But at a minimum they are probably very familiar with this issue and can directly assist you.
ok i will try that for now thanks. but anybody else have a solution?

My computer sometimes wont post when I hit the power button. Everything powers on except the red LED will be stuck on the CPU tab. This usually only happens when I haven't used the compute for a few hours. If it doesn't post and I force reboot it, then it will post perfectly. There is nothing wrong with the ram and I have the newest bios installed also. I mean I can always just force reboot it to work but it's just something that's annoying and will always be in the back of my head. Is there any solution to this? I have seen a lot of people with the same problem but haven't found a solution for it yet. Thank you

Try resetting BIOS to default settings using the option that's on the SAVE tab in the BIOS screen instead of a CMOS reset using the jumper.