Question B450 tomahawk with updated bios wont recognize ryzen 3700x?

Jay879

Reputable
Feb 1, 2015
So I updated my bios before hand to support the new ryzen 3000 series it even said in the bios the version was the current updated one. Now here comes the weird part I install the ryzen 3700x I get no video I tried multiple monitors and inputs nothing still. I was just running it with a 2700x today the board doesnt look cracked or anything. So this dude from facebook marketplace was coming over to buy my 2700x and I felt rushed and reinstalled the 2700x to see if i can mess with the bios again I got the same thing no video so I checked to see what's up and the pins on my 2700x got bent somehow when I was rushing myself to make this sell. I tried flashing bios again with a usb stick with the ryzen 3700x back in nothing my rgb lights and fans spin but again no video. I checked the ryzen 3700x the pins are not bent on this one I even took a magnet and went over the cpu socket holes to get any ryzen 2700x bent pins out it looks clean is it possible one of the pins is stuck in there and its messing up my system? I'm about to throw in the towel and pay some guy at frys electronics to fix this.

Jay879

Reputable
Feb 1, 2015
Ryzen 2700X & 3700X do not have integrated graphics.

A graphics card must be installed, you'll get no video without one.
I have a rtx 2080 installed I found out the new processor also bent exactly one pin I tried to fix it and it broke off $550 down the drain. The broken pins from the first processor must have been stuck in the motherboard socket only way I can think that this would have happened 2 times in a row when i was being super careful the 2nd time. Thankfully best buy is sending me a replacement so i will have to make sure nothing is I'm my motherboard this is a nightmare I've been building computers for years and never got any bent pins.

TRENDING THREADS