[SOLVED] b450 with r5 3600

Jul 11, 2019
Hello i recenty bought new parts to build a pc.I got the asus strix b450f motherbord and the r5 3600.My question is can i build the entire pc and then update the bios so i can run the 3000 series amd cpu ?
Shoud i not install the cpu prior to installing the bios update and if i should not how can i update the bios .
Thanks in advance

mamasan2000

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
What you are looking for is BIOS Flashback. Your motherboard doesn't have it.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1013998
Can't update BIOS without going to BIOS menu otherwise, which requires a CPU the BIOS supports. 3rd gen isn't supported out of the box currently, I don't think. Usually mobos come with 6+ months old BIOS-versions. 3rd gen ryzen BIOS is at most 3 months old.
Maybe future mobos will support out of the box but it is always a gamble. You don't know how long a given mobo has been in stock at the store.

EDIT: If you bought the stuff locally, you could ask the store if they can flash the mobo. Local computer service stores can do it but usually requires a fee.

Reactions: Popoxd
Jul 11, 2019
I read some things from that link but in kinda new and i dont get all of it .
I have another question if you can help me,can i use a flash to update the bios without the cpu in?

mamasan2000

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
What you are looking for is BIOS Flashback. Your motherboard doesn't have it.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1013998
Can't update BIOS without going to BIOS menu otherwise, which requires a CPU the BIOS supports. 3rd gen isn't supported out of the box currently, I don't think. Usually mobos come with 6+ months old BIOS-versions. 3rd gen ryzen BIOS is at most 3 months old.
Maybe future mobos will support out of the box but it is always a gamble. You don't know how long a given mobo has been in stock at the store.

EDIT: If you bought the stuff locally, you could ask the store if they can flash the mobo. Local computer service stores can do it but usually requires a fee.

Reactions: Popoxd

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS