Question B450M and Ryzen 3 3200G

Inkeri

Reputable
Nov 18, 2016
Hello, i just ordered a AsRock B450M-HDV R4.0 and a Ryzen 3 3200G and they should be compatible, but i need to update the bios, in the bios download menu it says that i need to install "AMD all in 1 with VGA driver ver:18.50.16.01_WHQL" before flashing the bios, which is an exe file to be installed within windows, is there a way to flash the bios without issues without installing the VGA driver, seeing as i cant get into windows before i have installed the latest bios?

Hello, i just ordered a AsRock B450M-HDV R4.0 and a Ryzen 3 3200G and they should be compatible, but i need to update the bios, in the bios download menu it says that i need to install "AMD all in 1 with VGA driver ver:18.50.16.01_WHQL" before flashing the bios, which is an exe file to be installed within windows, is there a way to flash the bios without issues without installing the VGA driver, seeing as i cant get into windows before i have installed the latest bios?
If the board is not up-to-date with a Ryzen 3000 BIOS, you will need a Ryzen 1000 or 2000 chip with which to do the update. You can contact your vendor to see if they'll do the update for you. If they won't help you can also get a loaner from AMD: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100

If you can get into BIOS (meaning it's Ryzen 3000 compatible) there should be a BIOS flash feature in BIOS to do the update. Once you've updated the BIOS Windows will install with a default VGA driver good enough to use to install the AMD chipset drivers and then AMD VGA drivers.

Good luck

Last edited:

InvalidError

Titan
The tech store charges 20 euros for the bios update, so i guess i’ll have to borrow a ryzen 2000 from a friend, thanks for the help!
I haven't looked a rates for service in computer stores in my area in quite a while but from what I remember, $20 seems pretty cheap for a BIOS update if there is any amount of dis-assembly (to swap for the update chip) and re-assembly (to verify functionality with the final chip) involved.

For the BIOS update, most motherboards support updating from the BIOS itself. You get the appropriate BIOS image, put it on a thumb-drive, boot to BIOS, find the BIOS update function, tell it what file to update to, apply, reboot, done. No OS or drivers of any sort required.