Solution
I can't decide, here where I live the difference in price is like 3$, what are the differences and which one should I buy?
The Mortar has two M.2 sockets and both are for NVME's... one is PCIex4 gen 3 (from the CPU) and the second is PCIex4 gen 2 (from the B450 chipset). When you use the 2nd one it will take the the four PCIe lanes from the second PCIex16/4 slot, however. I think that's a much better use for the lanes anyways, so I don't mind.
Mortar is the better board. It officially supports up to a R9 according to MSIs spec (though I wouldn't try it I'd stick to a 2700 atm) whereas the bazooka only supports up to R7 which shows the faith in the VRMs etc. The Bazooka also only has 1 PCIE 16x slot which is weird for a matx board. The mortar has 2.

Haven't bothered to look through all the specs and I'm sure many others were would be much more adept and know where to look for detailed specs but from a mobo noobs perspective the Mortar seems to be a tad more premium and has a bit more flare aesthetically (bigger heatsinks with real designs not just the basic logo and it has LEDs).

Also the mortar has things like an optical audio out and 2 M.2 opposed to 1.

yeah deffo get the Mortar.

I can't decide, here where I live the difference in price is like 3$, what are the differences and which one should I buy?

You don't mention the CPU you plan on using...just be aware both are low end boards with poor VRM implementations. If you plan on overclocking or running high amp chips like the 2700x with PBO and XFR2 you'd be better served looking at the Pro Carbon AC which provides a much more robust VRM.

Reactions: aisfbdaiubsfabf
You don't mention the CPU you plan on using...just be aware both are low end boards with poor VRM implementations. If you plan on overclocking or running high amp chips like the 2700x with PBO and XFR2 you'd be better served looking at the Pro Carbon AC which provides a much more robust VRM.
Pro Carbon AC has same VCore VRM design as Mortar... a 4 phase with doubled hi side and low side FET's under large finned heatsink.

Last edited:
The Mortar has two M.2 sockets and both are for NVME's... one is PCIex4 gen 3 (from the CPU) and the second is PCIex4 gen 2 (from the B450 chipset). When you use the 2nd one it will take the the four PCIe lanes from the second PCIex16/4 slot, however. I think that's a much better use for the lanes anyways, so I don't mind.

Reactions: aisfbdaiubsfabf
Solution
Jul 20, 2019
Maybe a Ryzen 5 3600, I read the spreadsheet "AM4 Vcore VRM Ratings v1.2" and the Mortar seems to be much better but since the difference in price is so small I thought that maybe it is wrong

What price you looking at her? If you're going 3rd get a cheap (for the platform) X570 board would probably be a better option.

Watch from 21:00

View: https://youtu.be/zuyuS04lD4o

Both Bazooka and Mortar are mATX.

To my knowledge, there is one only mATX board with X570 chipset. I'm sure it would be nice but it's a bloated super-premium, with a price tag to match. And it's not yet in distribution that I've seen.