Question B450M DS3H Can it run with 3200 mhz

I would buy the fastest ram you can afford since it will pay benefits down the road if you move to 3000 or 4000 series cpus. Any memory you buy should be on the motherboard vendor tested list...that being said the AM4 platform seems to have pretty solid memory support at this time so almost any Corsair should work as long as the cpu will support it.

Any memory you buy should be on the motherboard vendor tested list

While that would seem like good advice, it actually isn't accurate. Any memory you buy should be on the MEMORY MANUFACTURERS compatibility list for that board, which will be a lot more expansive and include far more memory kit models, and a lot more accurate in terms of whether the memory will actually run AT the specified profile speed.

As far as AM4 goes as a platform, there is a LOT of memory that won't work on specific boards or with specific processors installed, even with the latest BIOS updates, so it's a good idea to check against the memory manufacturers compatibility list and for Corsair that means using the Corsair memory finder or for G.Skill it means using the memory configurator. Other memory manufacturers likely have their own versions or listings.

Currently, probably due to being reworked to include compatibility listings for Ryzen 3000 series models, the Corsair memory finder does not list any B450 motherboards so I can't verify that.

I'd recommend looking at something from G.Skill at this time.

You can verify compatibility by using the G.Skill memory configurator which you can find here:

https://www.gskill.com/configurator

TRENDING THREADS