[SOLVED] B450M Mortar Max (7B89v2D bios) + Ryzen 5 5600X no display DRAM led lit

BlueSilver

Prominent
May 16, 2020
Hi i just want some advice on troubleshooting my build

My specs before:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3400g

MB: MSI B450M Mortar Max

RAM: GSkillz Trident Z 16GB

GPU: Asus Dual RTX 3060Ti

I have updated my bios about a week ago before upgrading my CPU to Ryzen 5 5600X now that i installed this to my pc it wont even show the Arsenal logo so i can go to bios, the DRAM led is lit. CPU fan, case fan, GPU and RAM seem to be powered but no display. I tried reseating the RAM but same thing happened.

After reading some similar issues I think the issue is because i have xmp on before i change CPU. I changed the RAM clock to 3200MHz. Do I need to reset bios to default settings?

I don't know if I did it wrong but I tried clearing cmos, but after that it still same issue.

Do I need to M-Flash to update bios again? I hope someone could give any advice on how to troubleshoot this one. Thank you

Solution
Reseating the ram to slot 1 and 3 did it for me! Thank you!
If that's slot 1 and 3 counting away from the CPU then that's very strange as the usual preferred slots are 2 and 4 for a 2-DIMM memory configuration. If it is, you may either have a defect in the motherboard or one of the DIMM's wasn't properly seated before.
Hi i just want some advice on troubleshooting my build

My specs before:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3400g

MB: MSI B450M Mortar Max

RAM: GSkillz Trident Z 16GB

GPU: Asus Dual RTX 3060Ti

I have updated my bios about a week ago before upgrading my CPU to Ryzen 5 5600X now that i installed this to my pc it wont even show the Arsenal logo so i can go to bios, the DRAM led is lit. CPU fan, case fan, GPU and RAM seem to be powered but no display. I tried reseating the RAM but same thing happened.

After reading some similar issues I think the issue is because i have xmp on before i change CPU. I changed the RAM clock to 3200MHz. Do I need to reset bios to default settings?

I don't know if I did it wrong but I tried clearing cmos, but after that it still same issue.

Do I need to M-Flash to update bios again? I hope someone could give any advice on how to troubleshoot this one. Thank you
How and when did you clear CMOS? Just do it again to be sure: turn power off and disconnect it from the PSU, remove the coin cell battery and then short the two reset pins together for about 30 sec's to a minute. Look in your manual for the location of the CMOS reset pins, it's easy to get the wrong ones.

You don't need to update the BIOS again after CMOS reset.

BlueSilver

Prominent
May 16, 2020
How and when did you clear CMOS? Just do it again to be sure: turn power off and disconnect it from the PSU, remove the coin cell battery and then short the two reset pins together for about 30 sec's to a minute. Look in your manual for the location of the CMOS reset pins, it's easy to get the wrong ones.

You don't need to update the BIOS again after CMOS reset.

I see so did it wrong. So I have to remove the coin cell battery first before shorting the pins. Thank you will try it again. Now I need to confirm the actual location of the JBAT1 pins cause I'm not sure if the pins I found is the correct one. Thank you :)