[SOLVED] B450M only windows 10 supported?

deusvolt

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
Hi,

Thanks for any help you can provide - just looking at upgrading my mobo to ASRock B450M Pro4 but under operating systems supported it only states Windows 10.

Does this mean I can't use this with Windows 7 64-bit?

Link to mobo:

Thanks again!

Solution
There are drivers for Win7 on ASRock's site but with certain CPU's it's Win10 only.
https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450M Pro4/index.asp#Download

ZMsSukm.png

Any reason your trying to stick with Win7?

deusvolt

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
Thanks both.
No reason to stick with Win7 other than nostalgia and used to play quite a few retro games. Hoping lot of the initial compatibility issues have died down.

This is going to sound dumb, but here goes:
Should I upgrade the OS on my SSD before swapping the motherboard/CPU or should I do it after? And I am guessing immediately after, as in first boot up?

Thanks once again!

Edit: after some research (sorry for being lazy replying right away!) I think I should first upgrade to Win 10, prep it for hardware change, then do mobo & CPU change, then reinstall win 10.
Does that seem about right? That way I should be able to transfer over the license rather than pay £120 for a new one O_O

Last edited:
Thanks both.
No reason to stick with Win7 other than nostalgia and used to play quite a few retro games. Hoping lot of the initial compatibility issues have died down.

This is going to sound dumb, but here goes:
Should I upgrade the OS on my SSD before swapping the motherboard/CPU or should I do it after? And I am guessing immediately after, as in first boot up?

Thanks once again!

Edit: after some research (sorry for being lazy replying right away!) I think I should first upgrade to Win 10, prep it for hardware change, then do mobo & CPU change, then reinstall win 10.
Does that seem about right? That way I should be able to transfer over the license rather than pay £120 for a new one O_O
Do you have product key for your W7 ? If you do it's enough to clean install W10 and enter that license when asked to. If you don't know it try this https://www.howtogeek.com/206329/how-to-find-your-lost-windows-or-office-product-keys/