Question B450m PRO-VDH MAX and 5800x

Apr 11, 2021
Hello there,
quick question if you don't mind, is it ok to pair a 5800x with MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX motherboard? i've heard that the VRMs are not good enough for it, though i'm not going to do any manual overclocks, maybe PBO but thats about it, i will only do gaming and streaming on it, nothing too crazy.
thanks in advance!

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Depends on whether or not you have the motherboard already. If you're not currently using it, you'll need a CPU that can update the BIOS as I do not believe this motherboard has a BIOS flashback feature. If you're pulling the motherboard out of the box new and putting in a 5800X, it likely won't work.

Apr 11, 2021
Depends on whether or not you have the motherboard already. If you're not currently using it, you'll need a CPU that can update the BIOS as I do not believe this motherboard has a BIOS flashback feature. If you're pulling the motherboard out of the box new and putting in a 5800X, it likely won't work.
yes, i do have the motherboard, i'm currently using it with a Ryzen 5 3600 and planning to upgrade to 5800x, i already have the BIOS updated to the latest version.
so i was wondering if it will handle the 5800x well or if i will have to upgrade the motherboard aswell.