[SOLVED] B450M Steel Legend Motherboard lighting up, but Power SW doesn't work

Jan 9, 2021
Hey guys so I recently bought a Ryzen 5 3600 along with a B450M Steel Legend and I was trying to build the rest of my pc but as soon as I hook up my PSU to it the motherboard LED lights turn on, but the power sw doesn't work. I keep pressing the power button but it does not turn on. I know its not the PSU because I hooked it up to my old motherboard and my i7 4770 and it boots and everything just fine. I even tried booting it without the GPU on the Steel legend just to see if my 3060 ti was taking up too much power but it still did the same thing. Anyone have any ideas or had this issue before? RAM is in place, CPU is in place as well so its not that unfortunately.

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Mobo: B450M Steel Legend
GPU: RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition
RAM: 1 DDR4 8GB 3200Mhz
HDD: 2 500GB 7.2k Hard Drives
PSU: EVGA 500W PSU
CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth Cooler

Solution
I got it man I just had to lift the motherboard from the pc case because I guess it cant touch any metal if I want to power it on. Also for the boot loop my CPU was overheating so I got some thermal paste on it and it booted just fine
Jan 10, 2021
Same here! Did u solve it?
I tried everything: out of case, only cpu inside, different RAMs, with gpu and without, checkt psu on my Main System, cmos batterie out whole night

But nothing. No beeps, no fan spinning, nada.

Strange thing, i can use an usb Stick for BIOS flash (cant check its working-no Display.. )

Im on a
-Asus prime b450m a II
-ryzen 3600
-gtx 1050ti

Jan 10, 2021
On my own pc, yea.
How many ram stick ur using? U could try with only 1, might be this

Google for "boot loop" , all guides are nearly the same
Gl!

Jan 9, 2021
I got it man I just had to lift the motherboard from the pc case because I guess it cant touch any metal if I want to power it on. Also for the boot loop my CPU was overheating so I got some thermal paste on it and it booted just fine

Solution