[SOLVED] B450m Steel legend ram not going higher then 2133 Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomtommi12

Honorable
Feb 26, 2019
So I bought ram ddr4 3200mhz and upon installing my pc (mobo b450m steel legend) the ram mhz doesnt want to go higher then 2133 I tried putting on the xmp profile but it didn't increase it at all I don't want to do anything dangerous so help?

Tomtommi12

Honorable
Feb 26, 2019
If that doesn't work, saving etc again, update bios if you haven't yet.

Always load bios defaults after a bios update so system parameters in cmos is fully updated from the new bios firmware.
I'm not so keen on updating bios and this is only a minor problem right now I'll try saving again but if that doesn't work I'll just give up on it.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Bios updates can address memory and other compatibility issues. Have a look regarding instructions and perhaps look at youtube videos how to update bios from within bios.

All motherboards pretty much have the same similar update procedure. Download bios rom file from motherboard website to a fat32 formatted usb stick, enter bios update function and direct it to the usb stick. From there, before the update proceeds, it'll validate the bios rom file before applying. Long as you have stable power, there's not much that can go wrong.

Tomtommi12

Honorable
Feb 26, 2019
Bios updates can address memory and other compatibility issues. Have a look regarding instructions and perhaps look at youtube videos how to update bios from within bios.

All motherboards pretty much have the same similar update procedure. Download bios rom file from motherboard website to a fat32 formatted usb stick, enter bios update function and direct it to the usb stick. From there, before the update proceeds, it'll validate the bios rom file before applying. Long as you have stable power, there's not much that can go wrong.
Ok so I tried putting it at 3200 Mhz AND XMP 2.0 profile but when I hit save and exit and confirmed it the pc shut down started again fans started spinning loud and fast everytimeand it kept doing that for 4 times before actually starting. ???? (And then it still showed only 2133 mhz)

Last edited:

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I think the slots are incorrect. Had a look at your pics again and noticed the SPD tab, didn't notice it before sorry. It says for slot 1. If ram was in 2nd and 4th slot, slots in cpuz would say slot 2 & 4.

Ram config follows as;

1K39hPk.png

Reactions: DMAN999
Status
Not open for further replies.