b500 ver2 gtx 960?

Jan 10, 2015
so i have this psu cooelrmaster b500 ver2 it has 500 w on 38 amps so i wanted to ask could this psu fry my pc in the future i read the manual and ti said it had those protection Fully protection ( OCP/OVP/SCP/OPP ) with build-in Over Temperature Protection ( OTP )
i dont know what these mean but are they sufficient not to blow my pc up?
anyways the build is as follow!
i5 4690 locked at 3.5-3.9ghz
2x4 gb ram 1600 1.5v
gtx 960 windforce x2 stock oc
b85m g43 from MSI
2x1tb HDD
1ssd 60 gb only for windows 10 boot
standard keyboard-mouse-headset and a speaker

Solution
Over current protection monitors a group of wires (a rail) and will shut off the PSU if those wires combined have more current and power than is desired. Over power protection checks the amount of alternating current from the wall, and if that is too high it shuts down the PSU. Over voltage protection checks if any of the voltages on the wires (3.3V, 5V, and 12V) are too high, and if so it shuts the unit down. Short circuit protection goes off if impedance goes below 0.1Ω. Basically, it'll trigger if something is likely to burn due to wires touching wires they shouldn't, or stuff being plugged in improperly. Over temperature protection, you can guess what that does.

Point be told, all PSUs are required to have some of these, so this...
Over current protection monitors a group of wires (a rail) and will shut off the PSU if those wires combined have more current and power than is desired. Over power protection checks the amount of alternating current from the wall, and if that is too high it shuts down the PSU. Over voltage protection checks if any of the voltages on the wires (3.3V, 5V, and 12V) are too high, and if so it shuts the unit down. Short circuit protection goes off if impedance goes below 0.1Ω. Basically, it'll trigger if something is likely to burn due to wires touching wires they shouldn't, or stuff being plugged in improperly. Over temperature protection, you can guess what that does.

Point be told, all PSUs are required to have some of these, so this unit is nothing special. Many units fail to implement safe trigger points for these protections, though, so the protections are only good if verified working properly by a professional reviewer. There are a lot of things we don't know about this PSU, but spec-wise on paper it is sufficient for the GTX 960 and your system.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS