[SOLVED] B550 Asus TUF USB drivers?

Jeff_120

Honorable
Dec 11, 2016
Hello
I have a bug with USB since I installed the Asus TUF Gaming B550
All my external HDD, memory stick and SSD on USB can't be ejected because there is a software that is using them, given win 10 message!
So I am trying to troubleshoot and find the culprit
Could it be the driver of the USB ports?
If yes which ones should I update and which driver to choose? I couldn't find one on Asus website

Solution
I did a re-install Win 10 like drea.drechsler suggested, but it didn't fix the USB safe removal.
Though I found the culprit!
I simply went to Windows events log, I checked the Warning message after trying to eject, it said that MSI Mystic Light was preventing the Mass Storage USB to eject.
I un-installed Mysticlight (no need for it anyway) and now all the Eject problems are fixed :)
I tried with my 2 external SSD , a USB memory stick and an SD card reader

USAFRet

Titan
I didn't know I had to install Wndows again after a new motherboard. Any solution without doing a new Win 10 installation?
With a new motherboard and old OS, issues can arise.

3 possible outcomes:
  1. It works just fine
  2. It fails completely
  3. It "works", but you're chasing issues for weeks/months.

You've found #3. What other issues might be lurking in there?
A fresh install is always recommended, often/usually required.

Reactions: drea.drechsler
Reactions: Jeff_120

Ds_Tech

Great
Jan 25, 2021
Mostly its win 10 problem when you restart your pc pendrive or hdd connected to usb then you can easily eject it.
And you have mentioned upgrade your cpu mobo then a fresh win10 install required its must as b550 have pciex4 and new usb features.

Jeff_120

Honorable
Dec 11, 2016
I did a re-install Win 10 like drea.drechsler suggested, but it didn't fix the USB safe removal.
Though I found the culprit!
I simply went to Windows events log, I checked the Warning message after trying to eject, it said that MSI Mystic Light was preventing the Mass Storage USB to eject.
I un-installed Mysticlight (no need for it anyway) and now all the Eject problems are fixed :)
I tried with my 2 external SSD , a USB memory stick and an SD card reader

Reactions: Ds_Tech
Solution