[SOLVED] B550 motherboards and ryzen 3000-G cpu's.

Solution
I always maintained the B550 chipset didnt support these cpu's but apparently some do, does anyone know if there are many that will?

PRIME B550M-K|Motherboards|ASUS USA

Most likely that official support is dropped, but compatibility is up to each manufacturer. Bit like how 400 series boards can accept Zen 3 but only if manufacturers stated so with their BIOS update. I've also thought the same; 500 boards accept only Zen 2 and 3, so this surprises me as well.

If anything, I'd stick to the BIOS release version stated on each SKU. Best shot for compatibility and all.

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014
I always maintained the B550 chipset didnt support these cpu's but apparently some do, does anyone know if there are many that will?

PRIME B550M-K|Motherboards|ASUS USA

Most likely that official support is dropped, but compatibility is up to each manufacturer. Bit like how 400 series boards can accept Zen 3 but only if manufacturers stated so with their BIOS update. I've also thought the same; 500 boards accept only Zen 2 and 3, so this surprises me as well.

If anything, I'd stick to the BIOS release version stated on each SKU. Best shot for compatibility and all.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution