Question B550 Phantom versus Strix B550 ?

Jul 20, 2022
I do not quite understand the subject but I tried to research before I asked. I'd be happy if you could tell me if I'm wrong.

Undecided between the two, the reason I preferred them is Intel 2.5g. WiFi
The other thing that matters to me is this 2* m.2 for storage which one pcie 4. 5800x3d support. Native 3200 memory support. Debug led. And if there is anything else I will remember that is relevant I will mention

What will determine my decision is mainly if I know it can be updated to wifi 7 By replacing a card in the future m.2 key e.

From what I saw on the product page. ASRock wifi is connect via m.2 type e card.
I guess This means I can update it?

I did not see details Regarding this matter on the Asus website. Nor in the board guide.Does this mean that the wifi is soldered to the board?

Thank you.

I do not quite understand the subject but I tried to research before I asked. I'd be happy if you could tell me if I'm wrong.

Undecided between the two, the reason I preferred them is Intel 2.5g. WiFi
The other thing that matters to me is this 2* m.2 for storage which one pcie 4. 5800x3d support. Native 3200 memory support. Debug led. And if there is anything else I will remember that is relevant I will mention

What will determine my decision is mainly if I know it can be updated to wifi 7 By replacing a card in the future m.2 key e.

From what I saw on the product page. ASRock wifi is connect via m.2 type e card.
I guess This means I can update it?

I did not see details Regarding this matter on the Asus website. Nor in the board guide.Does this mean that the wifi is soldered to the board?

Thank you.

Hey there,

Can you specify which exact models you are looking at? There are 4 Phantom Models, and 6 Strix B550's! Without knowing the exact model it's difficult to tell.

At first glance though, the Strix come with a more robust power phase setup. Typically 12+2. The Phantom on the other hand comes with 6+2. If you intend on using a 5800x3d or 5900x/5950, then mobo's with stronger power phases would be better. Otherwise the VRM's can get hot, and throttle the system. SO that may be a consideration.

Once we know the exact model, we can answer your other questions about drives etc.

Jul 20, 2022
Sorry. I meant the mini itx models.

b550i phantom gaming
Strix b550i gaming itx/ax

Thank you for drawing my attention.

Additional question.
Is it possible to replace the wifi model in gigabyte aorus b550i pro ax?

Last edited: