Nov 17, 2018
Hi!
Spec.

b550 pro ac
5800x
1080(3080 future maybe)
980 and i wanted second one, also sound card for DAWs

Here is the question:

Can i install 2 m2 nvme and 2 pcie(GPU and Sound card) without any issues with my motherboard? thx

Solution
the second m.2 slot disables the middle pcie slot.

you can use the third slot but that disables sata ports 3, 4 and 5. but ports 1, 2 and 6 will be usable.

if you can handle losing the 3 sata ports to use the bottom pcie slot, then it'll work.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
yup that's the idea.

leave middle pcie slot empty (disabled with m.2 drive) and put your sound card into the 3rd bottom slot (disabling sata 3,4,5).

can be tricky reading those charts for sure. they can be so confusing at times it takes more than one of us to read and understand them. :)

sereja.drakowa

Reputable
Nov 17, 2018
yup that's the idea.

leave middle pcie slot empty (disabled with m.2 drive) and put your sound card into the 3rd bottom slot (disabling sata 3,4,5).

can be tricky reading those charts for sure. they can be so confusing at times it takes more than one of us to read and understand them. :)
Can you tell, How bad will this affect performance? using x2 instead of x4 or x16 for sound card?

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i am not sure how much bandwidth a sound card needs. can't say i have ever read any info on such a thing.

a reread of the spec sheet shows i misread the sata ports disabled though. it is only sata 4 and 5 that get disabled when using that last slot. so you get sata 3 port for a total of 4.

you'll need to look at the spec sheet for the card and see if it has any info there. not knowing what card you have i can't help there