[SOLVED] b550m bios flash button not working

Billowleaf

Prominent
Feb 16, 2021
So I just got a new motherboard, the TUF b550m- plus (wifi) for my new cpu, the ryzen 5 5600x. To be able to boot it with the cpu I need to run a bios update and to do that I was going to use the built in bios flashback feature. I have the flash drive with the latest bios update for the board and plugged into my computer and when I go to press the flashback button it just does not press. Nothing happens, but the button also does not get pushed in or make a sound. I don't know if there is something wrong with my motherboard or if I'm just missing something painfully obvious. I can't just update my bios the normal way because I don't have a cpu that it supports at this second with the current bios installed. I don't really know what to do other than this. Any help would be nice.

Solution
ps.. the flash button os locked unless you put the usb drive in the proper flash port.... read book for details. it will tell you where to plig the usb in and what can be plugged in during bios flash using button on mobo
I got it working, thanks though. The io shield was constantly pressing the button down
So I just got a new motherboard, the TUF b550m- plus (wifi) for my new cpu, the ryzen 5 5600x. To be able to boot it with the cpu I need to run a bios update and to do that I was going to use the built in bios flashback feature. I have the flash drive with the latest bios update for the board and plugged into my computer and when I go to press the flashback button it just does not press. Nothing happens, but the button also does not get pushed in or make a sound. I don't know if there is something wrong with my motherboard or if I'm just missing something painfully obvious. I can't just update my bios the normal way because I don't have a cpu that it supports at this second with the current bios installed. I don't really know what to do other than this. Any help would be nice.
Are you trying to use the bios update button with the pc built??? Another words cpu ram hdd's audio usb all that set-up on the board? I ask because 93% of the new boards dont allow this... You only can have the cpu and ram plugged into the board at the time of using the flash button on the mobo.

Are you trying to use the bios update button with the pc built??? Another words cpu ram hdd's audio usb all that set-up on the board? I ask because 93% of the new boards dont allow this... You only can have the cpu and ram plugged into the board at the time of using the flash button on the mobo.
Im actually wrong they dont allow anythimg in the build..... Your are suppose to just flash the board solo.... Only have power and the usb with the update on it connected.... No cpu no ram nothing you are suppose to just flash the board

ps.. the flash button os locked unless you put the usb drive in the proper flash port.... read book for details. it will tell you where to plig the usb in and what can be plugged in during bios flash using button on mobo

TRENDING THREADS