Question B550M DS3H no display on DVI port

hollow05

Distinguished
May 13, 2007
Hi, just bought an B550M DS3H recently, and i'm having trouble with the DVI port, with Ryzen 5600G integrated graphics.
The HDMI port displays just fine, but i plugged and DVI - Displayport adapter on the DVI port in the motherboard and can't get any video from it.

Any help?

Hi, just bought an B550M DS3H recently, and i'm having trouble with the DVI port, with Ryzen 5600G integrated graphics.
The HDMI port displays just fine, but i plugged and DVI - Displayport adapter on the DVI port in the motherboard and can't get any video from it.

Any help?
The cable you are using may not support the monitor resolution, a lot of cables that are x to y headers only support a select few resolutions

hollow05

Distinguished
May 13, 2007
My monitor is an Dell P2419H.

i bought a bidirectional hdmi - dvi cable and plugged on the motherboard.
I have an gigabyte B550M DS3H with a Ryzen 5600G.
I can receive video when using the dvi-hdmi cable, but only accessing the BIOS, the moment the windows 11 start to load the monitor says it’s not receiving any data from the motherboard.

when i use a regular hdmi cable i receive video without issues.
Is there any settings on the bios to activate the DVI port?

Yes, BIOS 15c, the latest.
Also latest AMD adrenalin driver from the auto-detection app
It sounds like the cable doesn't support the resolution the display needs, the bios will always force a display because it is key it will find the best fit for the monitor screen to still be legable, however won't "have" to use the monitor res. But windows will always using the recommend display settings unless you over ride it.

hollow05

Distinguished
May 13, 2007
The resolution I’m on is 1080p, i think it’s pretty regular nowadays.
Do you guys think it’s something i need to change on the BIOS or in the windows environment?

The resolution I’m on is 1080p, i think it’s pretty regular nowadays.
Do you guys think it’s something i need to change on the BIOS or in the windows environment?
The issue is in order to change setting in windows environment for a specific input you need to use that input and hard to do without visual. Do you have a link to the cable you are using it maybe support could be a faulty cable that's not reading data right

hollow05

Distinguished
May 13, 2007
Here’s the cable

https://produto.mercadolivre.com.br...-d-2-metros-reforcado-plug-banhado-a-ouro-_JM

I don’t believe it’s a faulty unit because i already managed to get video from it when accessing the BIOS. It’s when i save the BIOS and reboot to windows that the system doesn’t recognize the video signal.

I wonder if there’s an option on the BIOS to select the preferred port to output the video, HDMI or DVI..

Here’s the cable

https://produto.mercadolivre.com.br...-d-2-metros-reforcado-plug-banhado-a-ouro-_JM

I don’t believe it’s a faulty unit because i already managed to get video from it when accessing the BIOS. It’s when i save the BIOS and reboot to windows that the system doesn’t recognize the video signal.

I wonder if there’s an option on the BIOS to select the preferred port to output the video, HDMI or DVI..
What I don't understand is no where on the page does it give a display range the cable can handle, is there any specific hz you are running the monitor at via HDMI to HDMI. You may have a special case where it maybe transfering the display ratios from one cord to another. In which case if you have the monitor clocked to 144hz the cable may not handle that try setting it to 60hz then switch your displays around

hollow05

Distinguished
May 13, 2007
Saddly at this point I have no further recommendations, from the sounds of it you have a failed cable, failed port, or the GPU is acting out which would be generally a driver issue
I found on youtube some tutorials on gigabyte MBs that enables on the BIOS the preferred output video, or something like "enable dual monitor".
I couldn't find this on my BIOS, nor in the manual, do you think this is something usual using integrated graphics on gigabyte Mbs?

hollow05

Distinguished
May 13, 2007
Just reinstalled the AMD video driver and reconnected the cable with a tight grip.
Turns out the DVI port has a delicate connection, so the cable must be in a exact way for the signal to be succesfully delivered.

Thanks for all the responses!

Reactions: white.a.drew