[SOLVED] B550M for 3900x

lloydbuck

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2013
Hi,

Early days I know as the B550 boards have only just been released, but I'm wondering which of the more budget options will pair well with a 3900x. I'm thinking about the B550M Gigabyte Aorus Pro and the B550M MSI Mortar, but VRM data is not available for the Gigabyte yet. However, as the Mortar is only £20 less than an Asus Prime X570-p, is it better to just go for that? Problem is that the budget has now gone from £120 to £180.... I'm not intending to overclock, but want to future proof things somewhat.

Any thoughts?

Solution
I don't agree, the B550 is about the same as X570, the design, VRMs and so on are on par to the X570, so essencialy you are getting a premium mobo for less than the price you would be paying for a X570. The Extreme 4 is under 180$ and has a VRM like a top tier X570 for example.
I don't agree with that either, because:
1)the cheaper B550s that are close to/around the B450 Tomahawk MAX in price are M-ATX, which may not have enough expansion slots for some users - they should know in advance how much they need.
2)Asrock's offerings aren't very good this time around. You should check out some of the recent mobo reviews/breakdowns, etc. Asus X570-P > Asrock B550.
I don't agree, the B550 is about the same as X570, the design, VRMs and so on are on par to the X570, so essencialy you are getting a premium mobo for less than the price you would be paying for a X570. The Extreme 4 is under 180$ and has a VRM like a top tier X570 for example.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I don't agree with that either, because:
1)the cheaper B550s that are close to/around the B450 Tomahawk MAX in price are M-ATX, which may not have enough expansion slots for some users - they should know in advance how much they need.
2)Asrock's offerings aren't very good this time around. You should check out some of the recent mobo reviews/breakdowns, etc. Asus X570-P > Asrock B550.

Solution