Question B550m gigabyte and 5500 won't post ( Fixed )

Jun 28, 2022
Hello.

I have a b550m ds3h with a amd 5 5500 a nvida 1030gpu 750watt PSU
16gb 2600 ram

Put it all in the case. When I push the power button. The CPU fan spins. The GPU fan spins but I get no output on the screen with either HDMI or DVI plugs.

Things I have tried
Another cpu. No post
Another GPU no Post

I have 2 of the same boards 2 builds the other board posts with both CPUs and both GPUs
Other build has 16gb 3600 ram. Only difference

Now iv already sent the board back for RMA and got a replacement but same thing.
The board has no light induction for errors to check

Any ideas would be great thanks

Last edited:
Hello.

I have a b550m ds3h with a amd 5 5500 a nvida 1030gpu 750watt PSU
16gb 2600 ram

Put it all in the case. When I push the power button. The CPU fan spins. The GPU fan spins but I get no output on the screen with either HDMI or DVI plugs.

Things I have tried
Another cpu. No post
Another GPU no Post

I have 2 of the same boards 2 builds the other board posts with both CPUs and both GPUs
Other build has 16gb 3600 ram. Only difference

Now iv already sent the board back for RMA and got a replacement but same thing.
The board has no light induction for errors to check

Any ideas would be great thanks
That motherboard needs to be at BIOS level F14 to be able to support that CPU. You will have to use the Q-Flash plus before you can get the system to boot. https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550M-DS3H-rev-1x/support#support-cpu

Reactions: Zeronz
Jun 28, 2022
That motherboard needs to be at BIOS level F14 to be able to support that CPU. You will have to use the Q-Flash plus before you can get the system to boot. https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550M-DS3H-rev-1x/support#support-cpu

Hi thanks for the reply. If I have 2 of the same boards and 1 boots up fine with that CPU is that a fluke that 1 is updated and the other isn't also this board has just been replaced for same error and when I install a 5600x it dose the same thing?

Just wanna test all bases before qflash

Hi thanks for the reply. If I have 2 of the same boards and 1 boots up fine with that CPU is that a fluke that 1 is updated and the other isn't also this board has just been replaced for same error and when I install a 5600x it dose the same thing?

Just wanna test all bases before qflash
It is possible that one of the boards was manufactured after 1/13/22 so it came with the F14 BIOS installed. For the initial 5000 series to work you need the F10 BIOS. That BIOS came out on 9/18/20 but if you have ever worked in a warehouse you would know things can get pushed to the back. Since motherboards don't have an expiration date, not rotating the stock doesn't affect anything. One thing to note is that you can go directly to the newest BIOS right now. I would update to the newest BIOS first and then see what happens but I am 99% sure that going to the newest BIOS will fix the issue.

Reactions: Zeronz
Jun 28, 2022
It is possible that one of the boards was manufactured after 1/13/22 so it came with the F14 BIOS installed. For the initial 5000 series to work you need the F10 BIOS. That BIOS came out on 9/18/20 but if you have ever worked in a warehouse you would know things can get pushed to the back. Since motherboards don't have an expiration date, not rotating the stock doesn't affect anything. One thing to note is that you can go directly to the newest BIOS right now. I would update to the newest BIOS first and then see what happens but I am 99% sure that going to the newest BIOS will fix the issue.

Thanks for the quick replys. I will try the newest bios and get back to this post when done.

Reactions: jeremyj_83
Jun 28, 2022

so, i went and used a Manual and read up about Q flash, it didn't really say a lot so I used google and found a video of a guy q flashing without a CPU ( I did it with CPU installed still), he also showed you how to download, set up USB flash drive and what to do to make it work,
did everything the same put the flash drive in, hit the q flash button, watched a blinking light, made a drink, the blinking light stopped. pulled it out, turned the PC on, keyboard and mouse turned on, this has never happened before, but still no output, hey lets turn the screen on, we have output, old windows is now putting up,

So thank you JeremyJ_83 100% right on all your answers
have windows been installed on a M.2 right now,

Thank you again for all your help

Reactions: jeremyj_83