[SOLVED] B550M Mortar + 5600G question

projectshockzed

Reputable
Feb 11, 2018
MSI MAG B550M MORTAR Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard Compatibility with AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 3.9 GHz 6-Core Processor?

I'm trying to look for parts that are compatible with eachother for making a PC. PCPartpicker website says there are some problems with the combinations.
  • Warning!Some AMD B550 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Cezanne CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions.
  • Note:Some physical dimension restrictions cannot (yet) be automatically checked, such as cpu cooler / RAM clearance with modules using tall heat spreaders.
A friend told me that these problems only affect older CPU's I just want to make sure, is this compatible?

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/6dPjPV

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
The motherboard you've chosen has a Flash BIOS USB Port on the rear I/O of the motherboard. If you follow through instructions mentioned in the motherboard manual, page 23 + 48, yu should be on the latest BIOS version and then you can drop the Ryzen 5 5600G in there. Though, you might want to wait and see what the motherboard comes shipped with. If you don't get display off the APU/motherboard's rear I/O display panel, that's when you proceed with the Flash BIOS option.

Build looks good though I'd get a more reliably built PSU with at least 550W of power on it for peace of mind and future upgradability options.

Lutfij

Titan
The motherboard you've chosen has a Flash BIOS USB Port on the rear I/O of the motherboard. If you follow through instructions mentioned in the motherboard manual, page 23 + 48, yu should be on the latest BIOS version and then you can drop the Ryzen 5 5600G in there. Though, you might want to wait and see what the motherboard comes shipped with. If you don't get display off the APU/motherboard's rear I/O display panel, that's when you proceed with the Flash BIOS option.

Build looks good though I'd get a more reliably built PSU with at least 550W of power on it for peace of mind and future upgradability options.

Solution